Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where in NC to get a dyno tune?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2002, 09:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where in NC to get a dyno tune?

Anyone know of a place in NC to get a dyno tune for a ls1?
Old 12-27-2002, 03:53 AM
On The Tree

Default Re: Where in NC to get a dyno tune?

www.carolinaautomasters.com I haven't been there, but they mailed me and said they can dyno tune ls1's. They don't have ls1Edit yet, but if you have it they know how to program with it.
Old 12-29-2002, 07:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

There is also one in Greensboro, ask around about it.
Old 12-29-2002, 10:05 AM
TECH Addict

I think in Greensboro its called TurboTune.

There is a shop in Charlotte that says they can but thier name slips my mind and I dont have any expirence with them either.
Old 12-29-2002, 02:50 PM
Launching!

The shop in Greensboro is Turbo Tune. I was there yesterday getting my car dynoed. The owner said he would buy a 4 car version of LS1 edit and charge like $450 for the first tune and then around $100 to make minor adjustments on the dyno. Anyone interested in filling the other 3 places?

Crazyquik said
"There is a shop in Charlotte that says they can but thier name slips my mind and I dont have any expirence with them either."

You wouldn't be talking about More Performance would you? Last I heard they were using Ed Wright.
Old 01-01-2003, 11:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I wouldn't recommend Turbo Tune. We took a 383 LT1 there for him to tune, He got it to idle alright, and we made one pass on the dyno. Before discovering we had a fuel pump problem, the car pulled 336rwhp, which is roughly a 100 rwhp shy of what the combination should have made. But Mark (the guy who runs the place) was really happy about it. His exact words were "that aint no **** motor there". I was really disappointed and it wasnt even my car.

Some of his other work includes a 93 T/A 396 A4 3000 stall and 4.10s, which Mark has claimed that it made 350 rwhp. It ran 7.5s at 89mph in the 1/8. Shorty after the guy with the T/A started going somewhere else and is currently running 7.0s.

Not only that but Turbo Tune specializes in turbo Grand Nationals, but he puts out some of the slowest GNs around.

Oh, I almost forgot, we mentioned something about tuning a freind of ours' car with an LS1 and he said that LS1s werent a good motor for making power. So I dont think you should take your car there, for any reason.

Jon
Old 01-03-2003, 01:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I talked to too many shops in the Carolinas that don't know the first thing about LS1's. They all think they do lol. They all seem to get LT1's and LS1's mixed up when I ask questions. More Performance is really the only shop I'd trust to touch my engine. And, yeah, they do tune with Ed Wright. When my heads and cam go on (by me), I'll probably take a road trip to Cartek, or the nearest sponsor, to tune it up.
Old 01-10-2003, 11:53 PM
Staging Lane

The guys at Carolina Auto Masters knows their stuff pretty good. They are just getting started so they don't have all of the toys yet ( i.e. LS1edit). But they will eventually. Jeff one of the co-owners has a 383 LT1. And if you have ever seen the car you will know why they call him the "Milkman". I know he was posting on the Carolina Fbody club list that if enough people showed interest he would get a copy of LS1edit to do tunes.
Old 01-11-2003, 12:30 AM
On The Tree

Jeff's car isnt a white formula with gotmilk on the plate is it?