Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0155...should I be concerned?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2002, 05:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0155...should I be concerned?

Got a P0155 code, B2S1 Oxygen Sensor heater circuit. What is a "heater circuit?" Is this something normal or should I get my O2s checked out?

Thanks
Mark
Old 12-29-2002, 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: P0155...should I be concerned?

I got the same code but no one really answered me on here. TTT.
Old 12-29-2002, 06:44 PM
On The Tree

I'm guessing it's some kind of circuit that heats the O2 if the car hasn't been running in a little while. I saw when I did a search that some people have had that problem after switching to LT headers, but I've had my SLP longtubes/RT cats on for a couple months now with no issues.

I cleared the code, but should I worry about it? Once you clear a code, will it set again if the problem happens again? And then what would be the first place I should look? A new O2 sensor on that side?

Thanks
Old 12-29-2002, 09:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

If you have already checked all of your wiring, harnesses, voltages etc... then read on. Otherwise that stuff should be checked first before you write the problem off as mentioned below.

I have seen this problem on a few other SLP header cars as well.

You can try changing out the O2 sensor, but I'm pretty sure the problem will come back.

The problem stems, this is my own assumptions, from moving the O2 sensor too far back allowing the sensor to cool to much. This has generated insufficient switching codes as well as heater codes on quite a few peoples cars.

The problem seems to be particular to certain types of headers.

On cars that have generated this problem turning off the code is really the only certain method I have seen to taking car of the problem (which it really isn't doing)

Other people have tried pushing the O2 sensor farther into the exhaust, heat wrapping the headers, coating the headers.... All have had mixed results.

Good Luck,
Kevin
Old 12-29-2002, 10:42 PM
On The Tree

Hmm....I see. Thanks for the info.

I've reset the code and I'll have to see if it pops up tomorrow morning. THere is a spot where the O2 wire extension is up against the header, but it has the thermal protection on it and I looked at it with a flashlight and it looked OK. Plus the O2 sensor itself is reading voltages within the normal range.

If it pops up again I'll have to check out the wires after work tomorrow. Do you think it could be the sensor itself?

Thanks
Mark
Old 12-29-2002, 10:57 PM
Staging Lane

I'm still getting mine on Bank 1 & Bank 2. I have been working with an exaust shop to try to resolve the Issue. I have also noticed that If I clear the code it takes 2-4 days to come back in dry weather, But on real wet days it comes back in a 15-30 min.

Now I am wondering if the water from the roads and the 2.5"-3" of ground clearance I have is cooling them down to less than the 600 deg they are supose to be at? Just a thought/shot in the dark!

Hope you find it, I'm still chasing my tail!

Also I know of 3 brand new cars that are having the same issue and they are 100% stock!!One just went to have a buddy do a pre-test for smog just for kicks and it FAILED!! with only 5K on the car!!

Good luck.
Old 12-30-2002, 05:57 AM
On The Tree

Hmm...could be. It HAS been snowy around here. Maybe a combo of the longtubes and the cold ground. It's also possible some moisture got in the harness.

I drove to work today without seeing it, but I read somewhere that it takes two cycles for it to come back...have to see what happens when I go home at the end of the day.

Thanks
Mark
Old 12-30-2002, 01:34 PM
Staging Lane

Strange. I did not see it today either! All I changed is the gas.

it set the code lastnight on a new pcm, this morning I drove to the gas station filled up started logging and it was gone!

I will se if it reapears on my trip home. I have 3 stops to make for 30-40 minn. so it should have time to cycle and set a DCT again.

?????
Old 12-31-2002, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I also had the same code pop up on my car and I have FLP headers, My code poped up (po155) on two cold nights, Nights that diped to 40* to 45* which is probably not very cold since I live in southern california. Just my observation.
Old 12-31-2002, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I also had the same code pop up on my car and I have FLP headers, My code poped up (po155) on two cold nights, Nights that diped to 40* to 45* which is probably not very cold since I live in southern california. Just my observation.
Old 01-06-2003, 03:13 PM
Staging Lane

Raised the car .5" and no rain. Now the code is gone. 500 miles and no code!

Nothing elses changed!!!

Quick Reply: P0155...should I be concerned?