Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attention "Private Tuners" and Non-Sponsors

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 11:01 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Attention any "Private Tuners" or Non-Sponsors.

Hello Tony...

I may have missed discussion about this in your above post so I wanted to ask you directly to be sure on my place within this forum.

I am an enthusiast foremost but make an income tuning. Tony I primarily deal with full standalone systems. As far as my primary source of business this site is obviously geared toward the OEM computer. I have had inquiries from several forum members asking for information or just general tech questions.

I like this forum and the content and this is the reason I registered this is not a platform that I primarily draw business from due to the OEM ECU's being used. I do not feel that in any way I am hurting the paying sponsors by visiting this forum. If you feel I am posing a conflict in your interest I will leave as I do not want to cause a problem or undercut a paying customer of the site.

I will be tuning a customer's vehicle off of this site with his own software this coming week. The gentleman contacted me. I do not solicit in any way to any member of this forum. If the need for my services from members of this site grows and I purchase the software to tune GM OEM ECU's I will purchase advertising from you the proper way. As of now I feel more like a regular member than as a vendor.

Tony this is a topic I would normally handle in the forum of a PM but due to the topic. I feel it is a good question for other individuals that may be in the same situation as me.

What is my place on this forum? Again as I do not want to hurt paying sponsors.

thank you Tony
Chris Macellaro

Last edited by macsperformance; 02-20-2006 at 06:45 AM.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:35 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Chris, thanks for the questions. First of all, I need you to remove any forms of business or contact information from your signature. This is one of the things that only sponsors may use here.

We do not have a problem if people are contacting you by word of mouth referrals. The main problem we are trying to control is the sneaky spammer type members that actively pursue and contact members through our PM system to solicit services or parts. Many of these spammers will contact people replying in threads about the subject, usually to undercut any sponsor that might have replied with a quote.

Thanks,
Tony
Old 02-19-2006, 07:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tony...

I understand friend

have a great day sir.
Chris Macellaro