PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idle hunt: to much timing or what??

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 09:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Idle hunt: to much timing or what??

just for grins, did you try another 1-2 degrees of timing in your Base tables? as an experiment, try it, put some miles on it, see what yields.

the main point i am trying to make with all my input here is that you may actually need a little bit of everything at idle: more air, more fuel and more timing. sometimes people get confused about their idle symptoms when all indications suggest it should be fine. It is in this situation i have found the motor to just need a little more of everything. Just a suggestion since i am not there seeing/hearing the car and looking at your traces myself. there may be other clues uncovered.

<small>[ February 03, 2003, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: nitrousc5 ]</small>
Old 02-03-2003, 10:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Idle hunt: to much timing or what??

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by nitrousc5:
<strong> just for grins, did you try another 1-2 degrees of timing in your Base tables? as an experiment, try it, put some miles on it, see what yields.

the main point i am trying to make with all my input here is that you may actually need a little bit of everything at idle: more air, more fuel and more timing. sometimes people get confused about their idle symptoms when all indications suggest it should be fine. It is in this situation i have found the motor to just need a little more of everything. Just a suggestion since i am not there seeing/hearing the car and looking at your traces myself. there may be other clues uncovered. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">on atap my timing showed to be around 22-23 at idle. What table would I tweak to get a little more fuel at idle? And what cells also....

also its normal for my 02's to stay like around .850 before they reach a certain temp and then they start switching??

<small>[ February 03, 2003, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: 98TAauto ]</small>

Quick Reply: Idle hunt: to much timing or what??