PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True LS1 Real Time Tuning Is Now Available !!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 02:42 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it were HPT it would be the same so i dont see what the gripe is. The cost of the cable has to be purchased no matter what package you use, a laptop has to be purchased no matter the package. These are tuning neceseties so how are they being factored in. This is a dyno shop/enthusiasts add-on a newbie may or may not want (costs/lack of knowledge) it but in the even he does he has the OPTION to purchase it in ADDITION to the hardware and the software he will need anyways...
Old 02-26-2006, 04:36 PM
On The Tree

A couple questions:
1. Does TC or EFI have a way to use a 4L80E in the LS1 Fbody and still have the stock electronics, or with add-on adapter controll it? I beleive that HPT has been able to convert the necessary data in the PCM so you can program the 80E using the stock PCM.

2. Are all the same parameters normally accessed with EFI available or are some not used for RT tuning?

I could see converting over to the EFI & RR package, if nothing else to get the transitional idling, and PT tuning done quicker and more precise.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:11 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Lrry93
A couple questions:
1. Does TC or EFI have a way to use a 4L80E in the LS1 Fbody and still have the stock electronics, or with add-on adapter controll it? I beleive that HPT has been able to convert the necessary data in the PCM so you can program the 80E using the stock PCM.
Yes, you can use EFILive to copy the two Transmission segments from an operating system that supports the 80E to the one you are using in your FBody.

Originally Posted by Lrry93
2. Are all the same parameters normally accessed with EFI available or are some not used for RT tuning?

I could see converting over to the EFI & RR package, if nothing else to get the transitional idling, and PT tuning done quicker and more precise.
Yes, you can change *any* tuning tool calibration and it is updated in the PCM immediately.

Regards
Paul
Old 02-26-2006, 05:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HumpinSS
Yup all for a nice grand price of 20,000.00 USA
HumpinSS
I have been interested in RTLS1 now for some time and have been monitoring its progress. The price of the Australian RTLS1 package has been reduced I believe it is now AU$13,800 US$10,200 (which is comparable to the emulator/EFI live commercial package) this has been in operation for some time now in Australia and is used by local tuners it is not targeted towards the individual users manly as I understand it because of production costs given it does not use the slow OBD11 communication protocol.

It does come with it's own scan software and because it talks directly to the central processor and interesting to note waitforme comment "it climbs rpms to quickly for the pcm show enough scan data"., RTLS1 logs at 100 frames per second giving all the scan data needed. It has remote control ability using Ethernet protocol this means a tuner in Australia can tune a car on the dyno in America over the internet or better still from the stand at a drag meet and is not limited in distance like the blue tooth protocol.

I have seen this system in operation and under load on a Dyno there is absolutely no hesitation as changes are made. I would be interested to know if the emulator system has been used on a Dyno and is there any hesitation under load as data is changed because historically I believe this has been a problem with emulators.

John L
VTA
DLB4 tuning
Old 02-26-2006, 05:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by John L
(which is comparable to the emulator/EFI live commercial package)
I think you may have meant the EFILive Workshop package.

Cheers Scotty.

Last edited by horist; 02-27-2006 at 08:18 AM.
Old 02-26-2006, 06:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Scoota
I think you may have meant the EFILive Workshop package.

Cheers Scotty.
Scotty
You are right thanks for the correction.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:11 PM
Teching In

What are the key parameters which are of interest at high speed? I'm interested to provide whatever functionality might be useful. I assume that RPM, MAP, and WBO2 would be the key variables. I'm definitely not trying to diminish the importance of high-speed data, but would rather like to better appreciate it and provide what I can.

One note with respect to the WBO2 readings, we need to be very careful to account for lag in the gas delivery and response time of the sensor. It isn't instantaneous, and if looking at rapid transitions, that should be included in the assumptions.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

simple question, will this work with just purchasing the emulator with the $199 EFI live price, allow everything you need to tune the car (provided you have another method of datalogging, and want to keep this ECM in the test vehicle at all times) Or is a EFI live cable required as well?

Thanks

Ryan
Old 02-26-2006, 08:16 PM
Teching In

You'll be able to use this device along with an EFI Live $199 license to do all the tuning you'd like to with the vehicle. You can leave it in the vehicle if you like long-term without any detrimental effects that I know of.

Whether or not you'll need to have an EFI Live FlashScan cable to do this, that is a question better posed to the EFI Live folks directly. Maybe they can answer with a little more clarity.

Last edited by Craig Moates; 02-27-2006 at 01:00 AM.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks Craig.

Ryan
Old 02-26-2006, 09:09 PM
Restricted User

I have been interested in RTLS1 now for some time and have been monitoring its progress.
John, please clarify that you actually own the RTLS1 system?, 'monitoring its progress' gives the impession you are offering an unbiased opinion.

It does come with it's own scan software and because it talks directly to the central processor
Interesting then how we continually see screen shots of EFILive's scantool posted on Aussie forums by 'DLB4' Real Time tuners. Why would you even need another scantool package? Kind of like buying EFILive or HPTuners and then purchasing a TechII to datalog. Oh, and just how do you reflash the PCM when finished with the RTLS1

It has remote control ability using Ethernet protocol this means a tuner in Australia can tune a car on the dyno in America over the internet.
Of course, most tuners actually 'listen' for knock on a dyno or look for black puffs out the exhaust, does it come with a web camera built in as well?

I have seen this system in operation and under load on a Dyno
Oh, just happened to see it on a dyno, it wasn't your own was it?

Please, take the RTLS1 or DLB4 disussions elsewhere please, this thread is about RoadRunner.

Cheers,
Ross (using Paul's log in).
Old 02-26-2006, 10:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Mod Note: Keep this thread on topic guys. This is about the roadrunner real time tuning solution and EFI Live, so let's keep it on track....
Old 02-26-2006, 10:12 PM
Teching In

Sounded like you Ross
Old 02-26-2006, 10:55 PM
Teching In

mod edit: Keep this thread on topic... this is not a discussion about other realtime tuning solutions... it is an announcement for roadrunner

Last edited by horist; 02-26-2006 at 11:27 PM.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by foff667
no matter how you add it up guys for someone just starting to tune & wanting this setup will want:
efilive at either $699 or $849
Moates system at ~$1100
LC1 wideband $200

im no math major but that sure seems like it might just add up to over $2000 not including the need for a laptop :shrug:
Oh, I was assuming a person would already have EFILive and a WBO2...
Sorry, was that a bad assumption...
Old 02-28-2006, 08:05 PM
TECH Regular

Bring to the top.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:54 PM
TECH Resident

Waiting for the 1meg version and looking forward to it.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:54 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MNC5
Waiting for the 1meg version and looking forward to it.

It is being worked on right now. We should have some results within a week or so.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:40 PM
Teching In

Folks,

I was able to achieve results on the bench today with respect to the 1 meg PCMs. The verdict? It works just fine!

So what's next, you might ask? Well, I'll be testing it in-vehicle with Geoff this weekend. If all goes as expected, the 2003-05 offerings can be added to the list of supported vehicles.

Stay tuned, there's much more to come!

Best regards,
Craig
Old 03-08-2006, 11:00 PM
Teching In

Here's an update: The 1 meg PCM with Roadrunner worked just fine in-vehicle. I tested on a 2005 Avalanche, and was able to move the idle speed around without any blips. Simple test, but proof of principle. So far, I probably have about 2 hours of drive time running the vehicle from the emulator without any problems whatsoever.

What's next? Maybe a pesky '04 Vette or something!

So bottom line: The door is open and lights are shining bright for the 2003-05 vehicles in terms of realtime tuning. In-vehicle test results are positive.

Quick Reply: True LS1 Real Time Tuning Is Now Available !!!