Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autotap O2 sim readings

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 10:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Autotap O2 sim readings

I just installed Jet-Hot hookers and ORP Y pipe, and I installed O2 sims on the rear sensors.

How is this going to affect the data I'm logging from autotap? It appears that the O2 sensor #2s (on both banks) are giving funny readings. I'm assuming this is because the sensors aren't actually being used by the PCM...? This might be a dumb question, but I figure I should ask because if not my car is running pretty lean...

Thanks
Old 03-29-2003, 01:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Autotap O2 sim readings

The O2 sims are for the post cat O2 sensors...therefore its not going to effect the pre cat O2s at all.
I've autotapped a friends car with headers and no cats using O2 sims and the front O2s read normally.
Old 03-30-2003, 08:39 AM
TECH Addict

When you monitor the post cat O2 Simm value with Auto Tap what value do you see? Is it a FIXED DC voltage, say 450 milli volts or does the Simm output a varying DC voltage?
Old 03-30-2003, 09:01 AM
Launching!

With Simms, you only need to monitor the two front sensors, B1S1 and B2S1. All the simms are doing is telling the PCM the cats are still there and working.
Old 03-30-2003, 11:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Eallanboggs - My voltage on the rear sensors varies, but at WOT are still anywhere from 400-700. I don't think this could be accurate or my engine probably would have grenaded from running too lean. Its interesting because I would have thought that the simulators would give a constant voltage reading, guess not... My forward sensors are reading like they should, averaging about 930 millivolts at WOT.

Jaywoo - thanks, that helps confirm things for me.
Old 03-31-2003, 12:05 AM
Launching!

The PCM doesn't use the rears for anything other then to monitor the cats. Heck, if you have LS1edit, you can toggle the rears off altogether and not use the simms.