PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

hp tuners no open ports

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006 | 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default hp tuners no open ports

has any one got this error message, and how did you solve it. I am using a working usb to serial adapter i/o gear. it worked flawlessly then on day, it was a no go.

I tried all of the usual cpu restart, check port fuse, lighter fuse/and like I said it worked before.

I posted this on hp tuners site, but no responce, figures
Old 03-16-2006 | 12:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

make sure the USB to Serial adapter's not trying to use a really high port like COM 6... keep it under COM4 (inclusive) and should work fine
Old 03-16-2006 | 01:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

it is set to com 4 now, I try lower tonight, hopefully that will do it, it would not be be something dumb like antivirus software would it?
Old 03-16-2006 | 04:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

I would shutdown any unnecessary programs like AV during read/write regardless... also if you have any palm/pocket PC software installed I've seen those lock the serial port so other apps can't access it

Also make sure that the settings for the serial port (the usb to serial port) in control panel/device manager match those in the help file
Old 03-17-2006 | 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

hmm, checked all of that, still nothing, I am going to buy another serial to usb adapter tonight, I can not understand why this thing is not opening ports, anyone no if there is a cmd line to check my open ports, thinking the antiworm/trojan software could be stealthing them, thinking this is the problem.
Old 03-17-2006 | 05:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by daryl2cb@yahoo.com
has any one got this error message, and how did you solve it. I am using a working usb to serial adapter i/o gear. it worked flawlessly then on day, it was a no go.

I tried all of the usual cpu restart, check port fuse, lighter fuse/and like I said it worked before.

I posted this on hp tuners site, but no responce, figures
Not trying to steal the thread but my software is not connecting either. Which fuses are the port fuse and lighter fuse? What are they labled as?

Thanks
Old 03-17-2006 | 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

well, the best thing to see if your getting power is push in the lighter. other than that the fuse is 11 next to the driver door, label cig/assory hope that helps.

Now back to the issue here, I changed it to com4 com3 com2 and com1, nothing still, I disabled eveything in the start menu running in the back ground. Any other ideas?
Old 03-17-2006 | 11:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

check for continuity in the serial cable... also if you havne't already be sure to email support at hptuners dot com as theat's the quickest method for them to offer support
Old 03-21-2006 | 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Jumped the serial cable, and opened hyper terminal, got connectivity, so I thought there was something else here, so I shelled out another 45.00 and bought a new connector, it is a Belkin, so I was not expecting much from it, and it worked? Guess the I/O adapter just **** the bed? Who knows, I am looking in to their new usb cable, so hopefully this will not happen again.
Old 03-21-2006 | 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

usb is probably the best solution.