PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to this forum ? about computer

Old 04-04-2006, 05:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to this forum ? about computer

My check engine light is on again. 3 codes came out, 1 new one and 2 old ones. The new one is my check valve on Bank1 AGAIN!!! The other ones are an O2 sensor and a Knock Sensor. The computer Freeze Framed the Knock sensor code and ran through complete diagnostics. It said my coolant temp was 400 degrees at wide open throttle and 5 mph. The mechanic said this is most likely a computer problem. My car has never over heated!! Oh yeah forgot there was also a code in there somewhere for low coolant. I check my fluids constantly, fluids are always full. Just to give some history, my engine light comes on between 3-5 times a year costing me a **** load of money. So i am wondering if my computer is messed up and throwing these codes. Please any advice or opinions would be great!!!
Old 04-04-2006, 07:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

well if its that messed up and costing you that much then you might want to buy a scanner like autotap so you can see for yourself what is going on.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well if your gonna put up the cost for a scanner like auto tap why not go with a full tuning suite like EFILive so that you can fix the problems, also.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree. Spend the extra money on EFILive so after you scan the car, you can make the appropriate changes to rectify the problem.

Search this Thread