PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Key points when tuning the G5X3.. Anyone!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006 | 06:10 PM
Staging Lane

Default Key points when tuning the G5X3.. Anyone!?

I've ordered the G5X3 for my 2005 A4 vette... Planning to use HP-Tuners to tune the vehicle.. Other mods that will also be installed as part of stage 1 will be a CAI, Offroad LT headers, 160 stat and U/D pulley... Not really planning on hittin the drag strip much so I'll decide whether to get a TQ converter or not after evaluating it's performance on the street...

I have my doubts about the car running without a tune because the specs of the CAM..

Just wanted any hints about the key tuning attributes I need to review/amend when installing the G5X3 CAM... Planning on raising idle to 950 (Dunno if that would be the best idle RPM or not but its my first guess)... removing TQ management, disabling rear O2s & COT are standard tuning procedure that I can easily follow on my own.. What I need is any info related to tuning for this cam specifically which I can't really find anywhere...

Oh by the way, the CAM runs at 114 LSA..

Any thoughts would be highly appreciated.. Help me drive with a smile on my face..
Old 05-16-2006 | 01:04 AM
Staging Lane

Anyone...!?
Old 05-16-2006 | 07:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

tuning for most cams follows a very similar method, I'm sure you can find tons of info on base tuning for cams.