PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

What next after VE tuning, MAF, Spark, PE???

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006 | 10:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default What next after VE tuning, MAF, Spark, PE???

As soon as I balance the VE table out (no ST/LTFT on) what do I do from here. Do I active the FT's and see where they land, or will they pretty much be dead on if I get all the VE cells to within +/-0-2%?

After the VE table is complete, do I start with WOT PE tuning, or do I go to spark and try and get some more power out of the car. Or, do I plug the MAF back in and recalibrate the MAF based on the VE table, and then go to PE tuning and spark with the MAF plugged in??

No clairifaction on this anywhere and I need some help.

Thanks!
Old 08-06-2006 | 07:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Someone's gotta know this.

I'm not sure what to do next. It seems if I start modifying the hi/low spark tables, my VE table is thrown off, so therefore the MAF would be incorrect to.

Should I just go to spark, then rescale the VE table, then MAF, then work on PE?
Old 08-09-2006 | 02:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

For starters, I would add 3* across the board in the timing table. Then I would go into SD and sort out the VE at the same time logging DYNAIR vs GM.MAFFREQ (you need to make a MAP for this). If you leave your MAF connected it will still register FREQ although it's in the fail mode. This data will be calculated and should be fairly close.Take this log data and paste into your B5001 MAF sensor calibration for your tune. Enable the MAF and log some more data. Fine tune. Then you can tune (using a wideband) for WOT using your PE vs RPM table and tweak the timing.
Old 08-09-2006 | 03:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jub jub
For starters, I would add 3* across the board in the timing table. Then I would go into SD and sort out the VE at the same time logging DYNAIR vs GM.MAFFREQ (you need to make a MAP for this). If you leave your MAF connected it will still register FREQ although it's in the fail mode. This data will be calculated and should be fairly close.Take this log data and paste into your B5001 MAF sensor calibration for your tune. Enable the MAF and log some more data. Fine tune. Then you can tune (using a wideband) for WOT using your PE vs RPM table and tweak the timing.

Form what I saw though with my VE table, if I change spark, my VE is off base and needs to be recalibrated again. If I went all the way to MAF calibration first, then did spark, wouldn't both the MAF and VE be off now?
Old 08-09-2006 | 09:57 PM
TECH Addict

i think thats why you log dynamic air, to see if there is more air going through (more power being made) adding or removing spark will change the ve's. however small it may be.
Old 08-09-2006 | 11:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jub jub
I tried to figure out the MAF mapping, but couldn't quite get it. I will log dyn air like I have been, but also log MAF Hz, and AFR Error? How do I map this and edit the editor sensor calibration?