PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any dodge experts here?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He's prolly going to have to have it scanned to get the correct part number out of the PCM. The number on the PCM case isn't always the same part number revision inside, especially since it's a rebuilt truck.

If I had access to the repair manuals like I did, I could get you the pinouts and anyone with DealerConnect access can attempt to retrieve them also, but I believe 98 is the cutoff now for "online" help.

Brian
Old 12-27-2006, 01:56 PM
Teching In

UPDATE

This turned out to be a bad PCM. I got ahold of the pin outs and the pcm wasn't doing anything, it had power to all the correct pins and good grounds. I had a hell of a time getting a pcm for this thing, every company I talked to said that the one I need is no longer available, they all could not get any more good cores for the one I needed. I called countless junkyards and no luck there either. I finally got a reman one through ECU DIRECT. They were very helpful and If anyone has trouble getting a pcm give them a call. Thanks for all your help.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:37 AM
The know it all's know it all

Originally Posted by 78TA
UPDATE

This turned out to be a bad PCM. I got ahold of the pin outs and the pcm wasn't doing anything, it had power to all the correct pins and good grounds. I had a hell of a time getting a pcm for this thing, every company I talked to said that the one I need is no longer available, they all could not get any more good cores for the one I needed. I called countless junkyards and no luck there either. I finally got a reman one through ECU DIRECT. They were very helpful and If anyone has trouble getting a pcm give them a call. Thanks for all your help.
Well glad to hear it. Would not be uncommon for a PCM to fial in a dodge truck.