PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: How many LT1 owners would like HP TUNERS to make this software available.
HP TUNERS for the 96-97 LT1 cars with OBD II
28.41%
HP TUNERS for the 93-95 LT1 cars with OBD I
15.50%
HP TUNERS for all the LT1 cars 93-97 with OBD I and OBD II
51.29%
LOTS of interest, but need to know a ballpark on price.
4.80%
Voters: 271. You may not vote on this poll

HP Tuners for the LT1 POLL :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 10:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by schwoch1
I've been tuning my LT1 with EFI Live for the last couple of weeks. Works Great

Mike
I haven't done it myself, but I know you can log some generic parameters on LT1 pcms using the HPTuners scanner. Assuming that you can log RPM, MAP and/or MAF tables from then you could write a histogram to allow you to model the airflow on using whatever LT1 tuning software you had.

That would require both softwares, but it could be possible.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ak95ta
And thanks to EFI Connection's latest setup, I will be tuning my LT1 with HP Tuners Pro.
Trust me, well worth the investment and you will be 100% happy you did it !!!

Mike
Old 02-17-2009, 11:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trust me, well worth the investment and you will be 100% happy you did it !!!

Mike
Ahh, So yours is the one on EFI's vid. I can hardly wait, my harness is being built now.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ak95ta
Ahh, So yours is the one on EFI's vid. I can hardly wait, my harness is being built now.
Yep, I sure am!!!Just dyno'd it this weekend and today, with stock cam made 256 HP with no tuning, with ZZ4 cam, made 308 on same tune, keep in mind this was an Impala 260 horse LT1!!!! There is still plenty of HP left after some tuning!!!

Mike
Old 03-23-2009, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just got my efi connection kit for my lt4 383 turbo setup, Mike was nothing but helpful and patient. Can't wait to start tuning with HPT and show those ls1 guys what old school lt1's can do. Any recommendations for me seeing as you have already tuned with HPT on your lt1?
Old 03-23-2009, 06:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by drumbo87
just got my efi connection kit for my lt4 383 turbo setup, Mike was nothing but helpful and patient. Can't wait to start tuning with HPT and show those ls1 guys what old school lt1's can do. Any recommendations for me seeing as you have already tuned with HPT on your lt1?
Actually, I am using EFI Live on my LT1. Just start with a 02 Camaro cal, change the injector sizing, injector banks, VATS to get it up and running and go about your tuning as you would any other car. I did this and it so far has been working well!!
I do say also, Mike@EFI Connection is a great guy and an asset to the automotive community!!!! Couldn't ask for a better guy!!!

Good Luck

Mike
Old 03-23-2009, 06:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

Mike, what are the details of an LT1/HP1 implementation? What does an LT1 guy have to have present on the car for this harness and tuner to function?
Thanks,

I've been tuning my LT1 with EFI Live for the last couple of weeks. Works Great

Mike
Old 03-23-2009, 08:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mightyquickz28
Mike, what are the details of an LT1/HP1 implementation? What does an LT1 guy have to have present on the car for this harness and tuner to function?
Thanks,
Check out EFI Connections website at www.eficonnection.com. There is a link on their main page to a short quicktime movie of my engine running! Also, there are several threads on this forum and some others that outline what needs to be done to run LS1 electronics on a LT1. There are two way currently out there to do it, but only one of the two ways have running and driving vehicles. The setup I used required using a '96 on up timing cover and a crank reluctor installed on the crankshaft in front of the timing chain. The hardest part of the swap is dropping the pan to install the reluctor wheel and newer timing cover. I feel the setup I have is the best way to do it, as it mimics how the OE manufacturer's are setting up current motors. There is another individual out there that is using a modified opti unit, but I have not seen any vehicles driving or dyno pulls with their setup, just a very short clip of an idling engine.
PM me for more details if you want more info, I am afraid the moderators will bash me if I give too much info on a non sponsoring company, it's all about the $$$$ sometimes!!!!!!

Mike
Old 03-27-2009, 12:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Please start a new thread for LT1 questions. If you are interested in LT1 programing for your vehicle and the company you prefer doesn't offer it, please make the appropriate posts on their website or forum. Lets leave the posts here for techincal information.

Thanks

Quick Reply: HP Tuners for the LT1 POLL :)