PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

knock sensor failing my emissions test?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 02:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, I asked him twice and he sounded like I was correcting him, which in a way i was, but.... When I stipped the wiring, I checked the strands for discoloration and whatnot. Everything looked good so I went ahead and spliced and soldered. So far to date, all is fine, but, if you could still post that number, that would be great, just in case I need it. Hell, my engine is taking a crap I think, so, I will be replacing it soon and maybe I will just install it when I am doing that just to be on the safe side. Thanks.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Hell I have one of those from my old motor, the sensors are still attached to it. (ls2=no knock sensors)
Old 01-03-2007, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
I have the package at home with a complete harness there. Your parts dude was a rookie.

Ill post the number tonight when I get home.
Anxiously awaiting that number. Thanks!
Old 06-03-2022, 08:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by csmc711
I have gone to advance and barrowed thier actron scanner. I ckecked the readiness codes and all was fine. Actually I checked EVERYTHING and all was fine except for "knock sensor 1 bank 1 voltage low". I reset the codes and the light goes out for a short while. If I reset it and start the car, it useually stays out for 15 minutes or so. I cleared the codes just before emission check but I am not even allowed to even try a test. I had the car fully warmed up but the machine says the following.........

not ready:

catalyst
evaporative system
sec air system
O2 sensor
H02 sensor
EGR system

Unsupported:

Heated Catalyst
A/C System

So, would a faulty bank one sensor do this or is there more underlying issues?

Yo Bro this is a stretch I'm dealing with this same issue on this present day. Do you call if the Knock Sensor fixed the issue.
Old 06-03-2022, 10:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,071 Likes on 2,390 Posts

Originally Posted by KingKK
Yo Bro this is a stretch I'm dealing with this same issue on this present day. Do you call if the Knock Sensor fixed the issue.
Yo Bro, the guy you're responding to hasn't been around here in over 6 years.
Old 06-03-2022, 10:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by G Atsma
Yo Bro, the guy you're responding to hasn't been around here in over 6 years.

exaclty why I said it’s a stretch 😂
Old 06-05-2022, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 177 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by KingKK
The answer was in the thread. Yes. Knock sensor and harness should fix this issue.
Old 06-05-2022, 09:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 833 Likes on 636 Posts

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
I don't think a knock sensor will make you fail emmissions... kinda like a transmission code, or an abs code, that stuff I don't think are a problem.
In PA a check engine light will cause an emissions fail. I had my truck fail for the oil pressure sending unit being bad.
Old 06-05-2022, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 177 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by wannafbody
In PA a check engine light will cause an emissions fail. I had my truck fail for the oil pressure sending unit being bad.

It’s a massive stretch that the ghosts of this thread are going to answer you. I was replying to the newer comment about how fixing the knock sensor fixed the CEL. It’s in the thread. It was a fairly sarcastic comment too, and I’m not known for that.

If you want to just pass emissions disable any non emissions codes, aka, knock sensors, do the test, and fix that when you can. Knock sensors are pretty important, but you can’t do much (like go to work for parts money) without that sticker.

That’s what I would do to get it through the test. Luckily mine are all registered where it doesn’t matter, so it’s actually a wonder if I even have a cat installed on my vehicles.

Quick Reply: knock sensor failing my emissions test?