PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCT XCalibrator 2 Flash Tool questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 08:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the same capabilities of efilives V1 cable, you would have to spend 100 bucks more if you got Hp. Our version is only 549. And you dont get unlimited 97-98 tuning Or a starter tune for your application with Hp. If you have any more questions you can call us any time. Thanx
Old 12-30-2006, 09:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wait4me
For MORE capabilities then efilives V1 cable,
edited for accuracy

5x the amount of standalone datalogging
up to 2x the amount of licenses
the ability to scan & tune LS2, LS7, I4, I5 & late model I6 all things efilives V1 cannot do
2x the analog inputs
2 more analog outputs then efilive

and thats just the hardware side of things

Old 12-30-2006, 10:54 PM
TECH Addict

For 100 over that he can have a V2 from us. May i go into details of how much better that one is? also the list of support efi i4 ect have will not be behind anymore and will have alot more support then what hp has.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:55 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I too could go on about the "will do's" and "will have's" for us as well but when your already ahead of everybody else its good to keep some secrets & let everyone play catchup

Old 12-31-2006, 08:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys are making this really hard to choose. I thought I had my mind made up. Now I see Ill really have to do some research before making a decision. Thanks for the input and great info
Old 12-31-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by foff667
we also offer Real Time Tuning free with most of our custom operating systems,

but no RTT for 98's tho....right???
Old 12-31-2006, 11:45 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Like I said "most", unfortunatly 98's are a special breed that doesnt lend itself to our version of real time tuning.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
You guys are making this really hard to choose. I thought I had my mind made up. Now I see Ill really have to do some research before making a decision. Thanks for the input and great info
Purchasing a tuning suit is one of the best investments you can make into your hot rod. At the end of the day, it's up to you to decide how your money is best spent.

A few years ago, I spent several months researching tuning solutions before I chose to go with EFILive. The reasons are many, but simply put, EFILive stood (way) above the rest in customer service and support, as well as offered a superior software and hardware combo that is simple and easy to use. I've had no regrets about my decision and have often times been glad I didn't go with a competing product.

Again though, at the end of the day, it's up to you to decide how your money is best spent.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by wait4me
For the same capabilities of efilives V1 cable, you would have to spend 100 bucks more if you got Hp. Our version is only 549. And you dont get unlimited 97-98 tuning Or a starter tune for your application with Hp. If you have any more questions you can call us any time. Thanx
Another reason to purchase EFILive. Customer support. EFILive offers phone support through its retailers were as HPT doesn't offer this. SCT I believe also has phone tech support. Regardless on what you decide, Jesse will be able to take care of you and answer any of your questions. Either through PM, Email, or the good ol' phone. Service like that you can't beat.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:55 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Hey HondaHunter, you might want to consider the support issue again. Check out this poor guys thread posted yesterday.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/632568-can-someone-look-my-tune-hp-tuners.html

Over 30 views and no help. His problem is really simple to fix but, no responses from the HP Tuners loyal bretheren?!? I have been to Bahrain and I know how small and far away the island is from the states...this makes support a key issue for somebody in your shoes. Subscribe to both companys forums and decide for yourself.
Attached Thumbnails SCT XCalibrator 2 Flash Tool questions-bahrain-f1.jpg   SCT XCalibrator 2 Flash Tool questions-tree-life.jpg  

Last edited by Doc; 01-01-2007 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:26 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Doc
Hey HondaHunter, you might want to consider the support issue again. Check out this poor guys thread posted yesterday.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=632568

Over 30 views and no help. His problem is really simple to fix but, no responses from the HP Tuners loyal bretheren?!? I have been to Bahrain and I know how small and far away the island is from the states...this makes support a key issue for somebody in your shoes. Subscribe to both companys forums and decide for yourself.
amazing how YOU would look at the thread, but not post any help & will turn around as use as an excuse not to buy one product over another, pretty pathetic if you ask me.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:35 PM
TECH Junkie

According to the rules we aren't allowed to post in HPT threads.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by foff667
amazing how YOU would look at the thread, but not post any help & will turn around as use as an excuse not to buy one product over another, pretty pathetic if you ask me.
^^^^^ Classic!

FWIW, we could look at his tune, assuming it is the classic *.bin format, but with out a functional demo of the HPT software, we couldn't look at the guys logs. Seeing both the tunes and logs are benificial when trying to help a guy out with an obvious calibration problem.

I'm glad you stepped up to help the guy out foff.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc

I helped him with it yesterday. And the constant bickering between the 2 tuner Cos really gets old. Makes me want to
Old 01-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

OH GIVE ME A BREAK! All I said was "Subscribe to both forums and decide for yourself." Anybody else here even know where Bahrain is on the Globe? My point is this guy is on an island that has one dyno; so being comfortable with the remote internet support of the community he choose is going to either make or brake his tuning experience.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Doc

That's the biggest issue being so isolated. I apreciate all the help and advice in this thread. I will look into both, wiegh the options and decide which would be best for now because like I said before, everyone here has and swears by HPTuners but I'm sure there is no reason why the guy at the local dyno couldnt use efi also.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:37 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

There's a reason why everyone swears by HP Tuners as well. You can't go wrong with our product.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Magnus
There's a reason why everyone SWEARS BY HP Tuners as well.

AT or By?
Old 01-02-2007, 09:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

ugh... children behave...

Quick Reply: SCT XCalibrator 2 Flash Tool questions