Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coil Dwell Tables finally !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by horist
lol... your new title definetly is appropriate... again you think you know something yet in the end you know nothing I don't have the permissions to change anything other than posts in this section... and I have no reason to change your info since I find all your posts comical
I also do not have these priveleges... musta been some other moderator You're absolutely right though, I am usually better than this, 99.9% of the time I don't involve myself in these sorts of occasions, but for you lol I just couldn't resist!
Old 01-18-2007, 11:30 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean Collins
did you download them ???? and unzip ? I could supply more but i won;t I will most likely get a ton of **** from all over the place for giving up what i have but since the info is so old now 6yrs out of production i don;t think it wil cuase to much trouble. However the freebies end here. Enjoy what you got and remeber your software providers are ******* you.
Yeah I did... and I've looked through it all. Someone took a lot of time putting in all of those descriptions. Thanks and please post more of this!
Old 01-18-2007, 11:40 PM
The know it all's know it all

Originally Posted by Frost
Yeah I did... and I've looked through it all. Someone took a lot of time putting in all of those descriptions. Thanks and please post more of this!

That all of it for the ls1 for 99 or 00 i can't remeber but they are so close it will work from 99-03 for hacking. Its all your going to get becuase its all I am going to give.

for the record I woul dlike to see one of the Guys from Hp tuners answer this one. How many parameters are calibratedable in a 99 ls1 pcm. I know the answer the question is do they ?

Also those are the exact names GM uses.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:53 PM
TECH Junkie

im guessing yall keep this guy around for amusement?
Old 01-19-2007, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Phoenix 5.7
im guessing yall keep this guy around for amusement?
wow how did i get the entire listing for every variable in the box. Hmmm things that make you wonder. No i have never worked for or will work for GM so i didn't get it that way and I didn't obtian it illegally. fact is I've had it for Years before Hp tuners was a company.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:06 AM
FormerVendor

Well I have a current copy of HPT unrestricted for 99-00-01 f-bodies and it's good stuff. It's come a LONG way (update wise) and I've only had mine since fall of '05.

I want an unrestricted license for 98 through 02 f-bodys, but not the whole GM lot and neither HPT or EFIL sell anything that covers this for less than the price of another car. I'm not a shop and I don't make money off of tuning; I'm in an f-body club and it's just part of how I help out. It's too bad we don't have a nice open-source solution that we could use and develope as a community. There are more coders here than people realize
Old 01-19-2007, 12:07 AM
7 Second Club

Received 321 Likes on 216 Posts

So sherlock what is it that you do for a living ? Just out of curiosity ? You wrench ? Fabricate ? engine Build ? what is it you do ?
I am just a janitor making minimum wage pissing away my pennies into the wind. I don't know anything about tuning cars, reading code, programming, or engineering apps and hardware for major companies. I love the condescending bullshit in every one of your posts though. I am sure this isn't the first time you have heard this but you really think too highly of yourself. Everybody else here is right, keeping you around for the laughs is worth it.

He reminds me of the one upper commercial.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by NicD
I am just a janitor making minimum wage pissing away my pennies into the wind. I don't know anything about tuning cars, reading code, programming, or engineering apps and hardware for major companies. I love the condescending bullshit in every one of your posts though. I am sure this isn't the first time you have heard this but you really think too highly of yourself. Everybody else here is right, keeping you around for the laughs is worth it.

He reminds me of the one upper commercial.
Legitimate question since your questioning my knowledge I'd like to know what you do for a living since your are expert enough to claim I am on a high horse. Having confidence from experience Is not being on a high horse. I saw i great bill board the other day and though it was fitting.

Knowledge is knowing how to do it.

confidence lets you achieve it.

Ponder that guy.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:29 AM
7 Second Club

Legitimate question since your questioning my knowledge I'd like to know what you do for a living since your are expert enough to claim I am on a high horse. Having confidence from experience Is not being on a high horse. I saw i great bill board the other day and though it was fitting.

Knowledge is knowing how to do it.

confidence lets you achieve it.

Ponder that guy.
Like I said I am a janitor and next month will be moving up to head supervisor cleaner. Reading and writing code and engineering software/hardware professionally is beyond me. I am not questioning your knowledge, I and others are telling you that you are ignorant on this subject as proven in this thread. You have also proven that you have vendettas that cloud your judgement and are an arrogant *** that can't be wrong about anything even though you are clearly wrong by even starting this thread.

But please, give us your test results about 2 years behind schedule on the coil dwell settings. I mean your confidence level means you achieved some sort of test results on this stuff before computers were even invented.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There must be history with Sean..as certainly this thread alone doesnt seem to condone the lashing being administered.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:56 AM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jammer
There must be history with Sean..as certainly this thread alone doesnt seem to condone the lashing being administered.
Do some searching on this guy on here, sit back and enjoy.

Oh damn I just remembered who this guy reminds me of, TEAM ZR-1!
Old 01-19-2007, 07:52 AM
TECH Addict

I don't know what everyone's deal is. After the first couple of posts in this thread, I gave up reading because the b.s. started flying. But just as an FYI - Sean is a well respected guy on our local board here in Detroit (www.motownmuscle.com). He's got a nice shop with just about everything you'd need to work on cars. And, most everyone around here would recommend him and his services. Personally, I plan on having a little clutch/exhaust work done by him this spring and hope to shoot the $h!t with him about tuning theories as well....coil dwell tables aside.

Maybe some day you guys can see above some of the b.s. that gets thrown around here (just like any other message boards) and see Sean in the same light that we do here in Detroit.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Frost
It's too bad we don't have a nice open-source solution that we could use and develope as a community. There are more coders here than people realize
Guess where HPT came from!?
Old 01-19-2007, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by ringram
I know where it came from and that info is posted on page 2 of this thread.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:10 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ringram

Yeah unfortunately that evolution is not uncommon
Old 01-19-2007, 11:13 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

fyi, you can see all the threads from the pcm site on our current forum. There were so few we combined them into fewer forums, but there all there, and they date all the way back. If there really was enough info to start a company out of, don't you think we would have deleted those threads?

You're also wrong about starting on the diy-efi website.. lol

Obviously we know what we're doing, we've released V6, 4 cyl, Gen3 VCM Enhancements, Interface with Enhanced IO capabilities (wideband inputs), AutoVE/Copy & Paste Special, E38, E67, T43, RTT all before any other company... but hey, I supposed you'd want us to thank diy-efi for that as well? LOL

Thanks for the customer support from all the HPT owners. 2.1.16 is right around the corner. Don't forget to thank diy-efi for it! LOL

funny thread
Old 01-19-2007, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for the sake of signal to noise ratio on this forum, in addition to keeping the databases smaller (think search function working more often), could we please nuke this thread, along with all other ones that dont contribute anything?
Old 01-19-2007, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RedHardSupra
for the sake of signal to noise ratio on this forum, in addition to keeping the databases smaller (think search function working more often), could we please nuke this thread, along with all other ones that dont contribute anything?
I guess the necessary points have been made, I'll agree here!

Quick Reply: Coil Dwell Tables finally !!!