Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

read FAQ and searched but one lc1 question

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default read FAQ and searched but one lc1 question

IF im not trying to simulate a narrow band w/ the lc1 do i need to wire the analog ground shown here going to black wire on EIO? Also, this diagram is different then the one in my hptuners help file

HPT HELP FILE:

*** Diagram:

Thanks
Dave

Last edited by TT_Vert; 04-19-2007 at 10:20 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone have an opinion?
thanks
Dave
Old 04-23-2007, 07:34 AM
TECH Addict

If you're not going to use NBO2 simulation but still want to plug into the stock connector for power, all you'll need is the 12v power and heater ground wires. The system and analog grounds need to grounded through the EIO still.

So, you should have 3 wires going to the EIO (system/analog ground and analog 1 or 2). Then, the heater ground and heater power going to a switched 12v source and chasis ground (ie through the NBO2 connector). Hooking up the LED and calibration button is a good idea too. That way, you can see if the LC1 is trying to report an error or if it is still warming up.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

what benefit do i Have to using the stock narrow band for power? Im wondering why the HPtuners FAQ LC1 Wiring diagram is different.

Dave
Old 04-23-2007, 12:20 PM
TECH Addict

If you have an old O2 that's no good any more or an old O2 extension, you can use the connector to plug into the female B1S1 location. The benefit is it's easier to install/remove and you don't have to splice into a switched 12v source somewhere else.

As for the difference between the 2 pics....IDK. I can tell you the system and analog grounds should be going to the same ground to prevent offset. That's in the Innovate instructions IIRC. To give you a better idea of which part of the stock NBO2 connector is going to, I'll link a wiring diagram from a '99 C5 below. Basically, "D" is your 12v source and "C" is your heater ground.