PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF! I push the clutch in the car wants to die.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default WTF! I push the clutch in the car wants to die.

Ok. I have an 02 Z06 with a large cammed 383 in it. When the car is at idle it is rock solid 900rpm. When I am driving it runs great. All the fuel tables are right on. I don't have excessive spark. My over/under are turned down. I had to increase the Desired Air Flow table to get the car to hot start. It is at almost double stock now. But the car runs and responds best at that number. The Throttle Cracker and Throttle Follower numbers are stock except for the TC delay. I set it to 1 so the TC does not turn off untill I stop which helped for about fifty miles. Now just about any time I get off the gas and am not at a complete stop it hunts between 500 and 1500 rpm. As soon as I stop and the TC/TF are deactivated it idles rock solid again. I have gone through every TC/TF table one at a time trying to get this figured out. But nothing changes any thing. It seems to help for about fifty miles then the computer takes over and it wants to die again. It seems to get worse the more I turn up the Des Air table. Do I need to reduce the TC/TF to compensate? I am lost now. What am I missing?

Brett
Old 05-05-2007, 03:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

bump up you throttle cracker a little, and or rolling idle.
but im gonna say it sounds like you fueling and or spark are off.
my 383 did the same thing untill i got the fueling right.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You and Silver6sp should swap files it sounds like you have opposite problems maybe you will see the difference by looking at each others files.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have gone all ways with the TC. I have not tried the rolling idle yet. I think it is zeroed in my Bin. The fuel is with in +/-3 when it is doing this. I think that is pretty close. The spark is back to stock in the in the P/N and Base tables. I also gave the Over/Under plenty of room to work. I will look at the Rolling Idle next. The wierd thing is that the car will run great for about twenty miles after a change and then right back to it's old ways. It's like it learns to drive crappy.

I will get with Silver6sp.

Thanks
Old 11-20-2010, 03:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Didn't see much info about this so thought I'd post up my results. I've been fighting this very same problem since I went OLSD. RPMs would oscillate between 700 and 1200 when I pushed the clutch in while moving. The idle was dead on as well.

Tried all the idle tuning techniques including bumping the throttle cracker in the 400-1600 range. Finally got the bouncing solved by turning down spark under/over but that made the idle very unstable. Had to return over/under back to stock to get the standing idle back under control.

Since rolling idle controls were turned off on my manual tune I went to an automatic tune and copied the table over and wallah. Only had to add 10% to the high/low correction and bump up the rolling idle to 950 or so. Freaking worked like a champ.

Quick Reply: WTF! I push the clutch in the car wants to die.