Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help Installing My Autogauge Monster Tach On My 98 Ta Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Help Installing My Autogauge Monster Tach On My 98 Ta Please Help

I just bought a brand new autogauge silver monter tach with shift light its a model 233911 and i know it works cause it worked fine when i tested it on my bros el camino. so i tried installing it and i hooked it up to a positive to the battery and then the other wire to the black ground wire and the green wire which is suppose to go the the tach wire i spliced into my 98 pcm to pin 35 white wire and the tach turns on and i set the shift point but when i turn on the car it does not read anything it just stay there and does nothing just sitting at the shift point like its getting no signal. my car has had a problem with the stock tach not working on the stock cluster thats the reason i bought a monster tach to tap into the computer directly . can anyone help or know another wire i can tap into to make this tach work. thanks alot
Old 08-12-2007, 12:46 AM
On The Tree

i have been doing some research and i think i have found the problem . i think i need to cut the brown and orange wire on it to put it into 4 cylinder mode for it to work . can anyone please confirm this?? thanks alot
Old 08-13-2007, 09:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you call autometer and ask tech support? You may need an ls1 output converter from them?
Old 08-13-2007, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

When i hooked up my tach i had to splice in into the pin #10 wire. It's white and i had to make it for the two cylinder setting which sounds weird but it works fine.