PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

NEED help trying to get this "stock" ls1 tune back to stock

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007 | 08:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default NEED help trying to get this "stock" ls1 tune back to stock

I have this "stock" ls1 98 to be specific and also for a note I am using efi live. anyway I took a stock bin from the files above to compare with and it looks like a whole bunch of stuff was changed I would like to run a stock ls1 tune and then modd it if needed. so far my biggest concern is my MPG is in the 24-25 range which seems off since others are getting 28-30 and some times in stop and go traffic if I bring the rpms up and let off quick it will dip to about 600 rpm and then it comes back where it normally idles. (this only happens once in a while)

should I trust the stock bin from this site and change it to my vin? and run it? or would some one like to take a look and see just what these guys where doing. I had to change the injector size when I got this eng. going since they had larger injectors in it befor.
Old 09-22-2007 | 10:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok, I decided to switch the tables to stock by comparing two differant stock 98 6-speed cars to my file. then I removed vats , set the tach output, deleted the egr, deleted the rear o2 sensor reports and so on....

now my new question is.... I was reading in another post that I need to tune for the deleted cats air and egr? if so what do I need to change?