Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

toasted the pcm...?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 08:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default toasted the pcm...?

Ok. well, I just put on headers and a stall in and I tweaked a few things in the tune with the jet tunercats I have. All I did was delete the rear O2s on both banks. I should mention that I had run fine since the install:started right up and had minimal issues with the converter. My friend and I were loading it in the car and it seemed to load alright (after it found a useable port) and now it won't start. We then undid the changes and it won't start. And we even loaded the stock tune and it still won't start. The fuel pump comes on and there's pressure in the rails. There's spark... my friend found out the hard way as it arced from the screwdriver to the flashlight he was holding The starter just spins the motor and it never catches and turns over on its own.

Thoughts? Advice?
Old 10-08-2007, 09:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

If it has spark and fuel it will run. Since it has spark it may not have enough fuel pressure. You have to put a gauge on the rail to verify it has a minimum of 50 lbs. Use a noid light to verify the pcm is commanding the injectors on and off. Spark fuel and air if all there are there she will start. Scan the pcm for codes.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:22 AM
On The Tree

I recently toasted my PCM when my superchips handheld tuner crapped out while I was programming my computer. After that it did the same things your is. I let it set for a few hours and disconnected my neg batt term and waited another hour then hooked it back up. I tried starting it again and it start, idle for like 5 seconds and die even if I gave it throttle. I had to send off my PCM to have it re-programmed to stock and now it works fine.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:37 AM
12 Second Club

The stock tune is "loaded" on it right now and it still won't start up. Where did you send it out to for it to be fixed/ put back to stock?
Old 10-09-2007, 04:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Odd, Send it to me and i will check it out for you and try to fix. just cover 9 bucks for shipping.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Usually, if you kill the PCM, it will run the fans KOEO, and the fuel pump wont run. Sounds to me like you have a different problem.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:02 PM
12 Second Club

It's definately a different problem. The fans don't run with the key on, but the fuel pump primes.

Another member on here was nice enough to "lend" me his pcm simply to see if my car would start up. It started right up like nobody's business. So I'm guessing somehow the injectors just aren't seeing any signal. Lending support to this is the fact that when I'm cranking it and it's not turning over, it doesn't smell like fuel. And I'm running open headers. I'll be taking a look at all my options now....
Old 10-09-2007, 08:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
Usually, if you kill the PCM, it will run the fans KOEO, and the fuel pump wont run. Sounds to me like you have a different problem.
Wouldnt that only be on an lt1 type pcm? The ls1s i dont recall doing that.