Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Trailblazer SS communication problem while writing with HPtuners

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 06:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Trailblazer SS communication problem while writing with HPtuners

I tried to tune an 07 TBSS last night after downloading HPtuners version 2.02. It would do a vcm erase phase 1 before trying to write to the pcm, but it would never write it would give an error after trying to start the write and tell me to make sure the key was on and the cable was connected properly. Anyone else had a problem like this? The TB wouldn't even crank after this. I finally had to do a write entire to get the program in to get the TB running. I was sweating it sitting in this guys new TB with 4K miles on it, and it wouldn't even start. Let me know what you guys have run into.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:59 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was it a 1C0000 error? http://www.hptuners.com/help/index.h...leshooting.htm thats normal when doing a write calibration only on an 07 TBSS. In that case a write entire needs to be performed.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

that happened to me as well, scared the poo out of me. an entire re-write took care of it.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:55 AM
Staging Lane

Default The answer

Originally Posted by Steel Chicken
that happened to me as well, scared the poo out of me. an entire re-write took care of it.
Totally agreement on that. I thought this guys pcm was a paperweight in his brand new TBSS.

I just got this back from the HP guys. Apparently it is a gm bug without a fix and a write entire must be performed on this pcm.

All E67 pcm's require a write entire as you will always get a 1C0000 error when doing a write calibration on them as explained in the troubleshooting section of our help file http://www.hptuners.com/help/introdu...leshooting.htm

This is a known GM bug with no fix.

Quick Reply: 2007 Trailblazer SS communication problem while writing with HPtuners