PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I turn off my ABS INOP light?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 10:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How do I turn off my ABS INOP light?

Probably a dumb question, but I haven't run into this before. My ABS INOP light came on and I have determined what the problem is (defective wheel speed sensor on my new 12-bolt). So when I fix it how do I turn off the light? There doesn't appear to be a DTC set or at least none that my regular OBD-II scanner can read. Haven't tried Atap yet, but I don't think it'll read it either. That means I can't clear it via the normal means. The manual says that even if the condition is alleviated it won't turn itself off until 100 cycles have passed (which might be the next 5 years at the rate I drive this car ).

Assuming I've fixed the problem, is there a way I can turn the light off? Any idea if a PCM reset will do it (I'm guessing it would...)? Or am I stuck buying EASE or taking it to the dealer to turn it off?

Thanks for any input...
Old 06-28-2003, 08:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Default Re: How do I turn off my ABS INOP light?

*cough* wire cutters *cough*

ABS has its own computer. A PCM reset won't do it.

You might just wait and see, and not worry about it until it's fixed. I don't know of a good (free) way to reset it, other than just driving the car.

Andrew
Old 06-28-2003, 02:50 PM
Restricted User

I burned a wire on a header, when I fixed the wire the light went out. Maybe yours will too.
Old 06-28-2003, 03:48 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Andrew, how is the ABS light set off? Does a closed circuit turn it on and an open one leave off?
Old 08-17-2020, 07:53 AM

Default What is this wire cutter trick of which you speak???

Originally Posted by Camaroholic

You might just wait and see, and not worry about it until it's fixed. I don't know of a good (free) way to reset it, other than just driving the car.

Andrew
What is this wire cutting trick of which you speak??? Most of all my abs has been bypassed or done away with (track car) but I can't get that damn light to shut off and it's annoying as ****. I just want the light off, at any cost...
Old 08-17-2020, 07:54 AM

Default What is this wire cutter trick of which you speak???

Originally Posted by Camaroholic

Andrew
What is this wire cutting trick of which you speak??? Most of all my abs has been bypassed or done away with (track car) but I can't get that damn light to shut off and it's annoying as ****. I just want the light off, at any cost...
Old 08-17-2020, 10:27 AM
Launching!

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by josh jacobs
He is saying to cut the wire to the bulb. To the OP I've never had an ABS not reset itself, once the issue was fixed

Quick Reply: How do I turn off my ABS INOP light?