Sponsored by:

VE and MAF done with a WB, now what next

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 10:20 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VE and MAF done with a WB, now what next

Hey to all,

I am stuck...dont know what to do next and am reading, but help will be appreciated

I have the VE amd MAF tuned with a WB, LTFT's and STFT's turned off, DFCO off, OLFA tabe to 1.00 for tuning and O2's off and in open loop for tuning with the WB.

What order and what do I go to finish the tune, I would like to run CL MAF for fuel econmy.

Any help will be appreciated
Old 12-24-2007, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After tuning VE and MAF with a WB I turned on the STFT and the LTFT's. But thats just me.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:44 PM
11 Second Club

Why would closed loop be more fuel efficient?

If you tuned SD for stoich or even a little lean in the normal driving rpm range, how would closed loop be more fuel efficient? Running SD, if you have VE dialed in, it's pretty much on the money. On the other hand, in closed loop, the o2 sensors are bouncing fueling around within a range.

In SD my AFR stayed dead on where I wanted it. In closed loop, it rarely stays static, it bounces around in a range near 14.6.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by kenp
Why would closed loop be more fuel efficient?

If you tuned SD for stoich or even a little lean in the normal driving rpm range, how would closed loop be more fuel efficient? Running SD, if you have VE dialed in, it's pretty much on the money. On the other hand, in closed loop, the o2 sensors are bouncing fueling around within a range.

In SD my AFR stayed dead on where I wanted it. In closed loop, it rarely stays static, it bounces around in a range near 14.6.
I have read that CL is able to make changes daily and keep you stoich due to temp. humidity, etc., and according to owners of HPT, a SD OL tune needs to be monitered by you with your WB because of changes, and CL is safer because the VCM does the monitoring...this make sense because if a SD tune is better and more fuel efficent, why has this not been proven and then we could all just get rid of the MAF, tune the VE, say in OL and be done with it.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 02WS6FREEBIRD
I have read that CL is able to make changes daily and keep you stoich due to temp. humidity, etc., and according to owners of HPT, a SD OL tune needs to be monitered by you with your WB because of changes, and CL is safer because the VCM does the monitoring...this make sense because if a SD tune is better and more fuel efficent, why has this not been proven and then we could all just get rid of the MAF, tune the VE, say in OL and be done with it.
True.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was also wondering what order to tune in? I think you do it this way (Im new to tuning also so verify these b4 you do them)

1 set injector size
2 Set ve table
3 Set maf table
4 set idle conditions
5 set spark table
6 Setup WOT Fuel
7 Setup WOT spark
8 Tune auto trans
9 Verify fuel ratio and no knock fix as needed
10 ???

Feedback from expeianced tuners would be great!!! Thanks