Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need someone to re-tune my 2000 gmc 5.3 computer

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 03:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need someone to re-tune my 2000 gmc 5.3 computer

i am getting to install my new engine and need someone who can tune my computer -
engine is an aluminum 5.3 (ssr ) block with vet/camaro crank / full floating factory pistons and rods with total seal rings / i will using for the first attempt a factory LS6 cam with truck-ls2 4-bolt intake and UMI 90mm throttle body - i already have the knock sensor harness and cam position harness adapters and dont have any issues with wiring or harness hookup - i just need someone one has experience and references for me to send another computer to flash and put my vin, miles and reprogram as needed for this up-grade
please let me know whats available - thanks
shane
Old 01-24-2008, 06:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I can do the tune for $225, with a different computer, add $90. Your miles are done on your odometer, nothing in the PCM.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:06 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by LS1W
i am getting to install my new engine and need someone who can tune my computer -
engine is an aluminum 5.3 (ssr ) block with vet/camaro crank / full floating factory pistons and rods with total seal rings / i will using for the first attempt a factory LS6 cam with truck-ls2 4-bolt intake and UMI 90mm throttle body - i already have the knock sensor harness and cam position harness adapters and dont have any issues with wiring or harness hookup - i just need someone one has experience and references for me to send another computer to flash and put my vin, miles and reprogram as needed for this up-grade
shane
Where are you located, we can maybe point you to a forum sponsor near you
Old 01-25-2008, 09:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1W
shane
LM4's rock. It is basically a debored LS6 block which you don't have to pay a LS1's price tag. They are better than LS1's IMO. Get the 2004 Z06 cam. It has better numbers. Total Seal seems to be a good company too.

I don't know if the TB will be a good investment with 20 less cid. Can someone chime in?
Old 02-02-2008, 12:05 AM
On The Tree

Default still looking

thanks for the replys i have had - but i am still curious as to who has tried this combo before ( ls6/zo6 cam with 243 z06 heads on a 5.3L )

? anyone - or should i just re-flash with a baseline and then datalog my driveability and retune as needed ? i want to start somewhere really close

( also - what software could i purchase to do this myself ? )

i am familiar with fi / programming, i used an msd system on my 71 chevelle with 6.0 ls2 in it - i just do not have the tools or software to open up this particular application )
Old 02-02-2008, 10:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Z06 cam is very mild. I don't see why it wouldn't work. Many truck guys do this. Might try getting a response on the truck fourm link on this site.

Quick Reply: need someone to re-tune my 2000 gmc 5.3 computer