PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help, poor acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 01:50 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No you were right; PE is open loop, and the number should be greater than 1. You are definitely experiencing a very lean condition.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, the weirdest thing just happened! I was logging for the umteenth time, and I turned the engine off and just logged the pedal position with the key on and the engine not running. When I fired it back up, it was like day and night! The car will now smoke the tires halfway through 1st gear and breaks them back loose when it goes into second! It is now running like it should. The bad news is that I have no idea why it started running good, and there is a chance that it will go back to it's old ways. The MAF now seems to read higher flow levels for the same RPM's. Could turning the key off and back on have started the burn-off cycle of the MAF, and now it reads better? If not, then it is somehow related to the the throttle pedal assembly. It was just like someone turned a switch and added another engine to the car! In any case, I am going to enjoy it while I can.

Regards, John McGraw

Last edited by John McGraw; 02-03-2008 at 03:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Need help, poor acceleration