Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passed Ca smog but not OBDII

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 08:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passed Ca smog but not OBDII

I passed the sniffer but failed the OBDII, no DTC's but only 2 of the non-continouos monitor test where complete.
Catalyst Not Complete
Heated Catalyst Not Supported
Evap System Complete
Secondary Air Not Complete
A/C Sys Not Supported
O2 Not Complete
02 heated Not Supported
EGR Not Supported

I had my battery disconected a few weeks ago and since then I have driven two or three tanks of gas. 98% of my driving is 1.5 miles to work and 1.5 back home and rarely over 45 mph. What is the drive cycle to get all the tests complete? I have access to hp tuners is there any way to set these with that? thanks
Old 02-06-2008, 09:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 476 Likes on 334 Posts

Disabling codes while enabling the SES light would take care of those issues.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

yea the reason the readyness monitors didnt set is because of the type of driving your doing isprobably the reason.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just followed the gm 1996 and newer OBDII readiness code procedure and still no more tests where completed. I do have one DTC and that is for the MAF, because I'm running an SD tune. The smog tech thinks that the three remaining test will not complete due to this DTC. The MIL light is not on but I think that is because HP tuners says not to turn it on! I really need to get this car smogged soon, I've got a whole new round of mods waiting for me once I pass this damn test!
Old 03-10-2008, 11:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If your due date is past, take your failed smog results to the DMV and ask for an extension (they will want to see the failed smog results from the smog station).

If you have any emissions related DTC's then it won't pass... the smog tech plugs into your OBD-II port and reads the readiness tests and any DTC's... if you set the MAF DTC's to "non-emissions" it might be ok (you can't set it to "not reported" because a MAF DTC being present is how the PCM knows to run in SD); keep the MIL off for the MAF DTC's.

What did he have to say about your mods, did he ask for CARB EO numbers...?
Old 03-10-2008, 11:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Smog's not due for a month, but I want to get this passed soon. Right now the cars is just getting plugged into the smog machine and the tech is just seeing the one DTC and the three non complete readiness codes. If I clear the DTC and drive without boost through the drive cycles will I be able to pass the tests?
Old 07-29-2008, 12:04 PM
Teching In

Default Pasadena Where Ya At? Smog? Wtf? Me Too!

Originally Posted by 2002ws-6
Smog's not due for a month, but I want to get this passed soon. Right now the cars is just getting plugged into the smog machine and the tech is just seeing the one DTC and the three non complete readiness codes. If I clear the DTC and drive without boost through the drive cycles will I be able to pass the tests?
2002WS-6: I had the same (f-n) problem on a similar turbo setup. Even if you clear the DTC and drive with zero boost, you will still not pass diagnostics or emissions testing. If you would like, send me a message or an email and I can further explain how to pass without taking the turbo off or anything else.

Quick Reply: Passed Ca smog but not OBDII