Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wideband and Hp Tuners Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 05:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wideband and Hp Tuners Questions

Well, I've been doing a lot of searching and reading and have decided on purchasing HP Tuners, but I haven't decided on a wideband yet. I've been looking at the aem and the lc1.
Does the aem or lc1 have outputs so I can run it in narrowband, have a guage, and hook it up to hp tuners? I'm having a hard time finding anyone locally that can weld a o2 sensor bung in for me so I want to put it in one of the stock locations.If its hooked up as narrowband, does it work ok with the computer, or will I have problems with the SES light?
Also curious if I should purchase the hp tuners through them direct or through one of the other sponsors? Does any of the sponsors offer any discounts like in shipping?
Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-13-2008, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can hook up the wideband to go in place of one of your factory o2 sensors, and you will have the additional outputs to connect to hptuners. It works just fine as a narrowband...your ecu won't know the difference. If you do a search, soundengineer did a really good write up of how to make all the connections. I have a lc1, but a lot of people have been having problems with them lately. Plx and aem both work well also.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Teching In

I found the wiring setup from soundengineer and it looks like with narrowband used, then you only have one output left. So I guess you can only hook up hp tuners OR a guage with the narrowband hooked up if I'm correct. I've went to some of the sponsor sites on the side and have not yet found one that carries hp tuners, so I should just order from them direct?
Old 05-14-2008, 12:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

call hp tuners up and ask who carries it. a sponsor will get it to you alot faster than ordering it direct. the plx wideband has two outputs so you could use a gauge and hp tuners at the same time.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:34 PM
Teching In

Thank you for the help. I just ordered HP Tuners through "SpeedInc" that I found on here. Still deciding on the wideband, but at least now I know how to hook it up as narrow band and use in HP tuners. I can't wait till I receive Hp Tuners. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Wideband and Hp Tuners Questions