PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98Z28 w/ 99+ Efilive Roadrunner, questions about using 99+ wiring harness

Old 06-11-2008, 12:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 98Z28 w/ 99+ Efilive Roadrunner, questions about using 99+ wiring harness

As the title explains, I have a 98 Z28, and already have a 99+ roadrunner PCM. Will using a painless underhood wiring harness for a 99+ LS1, will everything hook up and work fine without any issues, or will some of the small harnesses need to be modified?

I'm planning on buying an extended painless harness so I can put the PCM in the glove box for easy access.

Does anyone have any experience swapping a 99+ harness into a 98 car?

Thanks for any help,

Matt
Old 06-11-2008, 07:48 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WestSide
As the title explains, I have a 98 Z28, and already have a 99+ roadrunner PCM. Will using a painless underhood wiring harness for a 99+ LS1, will everything hook up and work fine without any issues, or will some of the small harnesses need to be modified?

I'm planning on buying an extended painless harness so I can put the PCM in the glove box for easy access.

Does anyone have any experience swapping a 99+ harness into a 98 car?

Thanks for any help,

Matt
Matt,
You could use the painless 99+up engine harness. You would have to modify the vehicle side of the equation. The 99+up side has two interconnecting plugs the vehicle side has 3. Also, if you use the newer harness you will have to modify the instrument cluster wiring and get a new cluster as well as drop the fuel tank and change out the sending unit.

I can modify your existing 98 harness for 300 shipped to your door. You
would not have to modify the vehicle side- just plug and play. You will have to run a custom efilive operating system to get the fuel gage to work. I can hook you up with that as well. Check out the website for more information.

www.efialchemy.com

Doc

Search this Thread