PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What happened to the beta tuning book?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 08:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dan, I just ordered my copy. I look forward to reading, learning, tuning.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:28 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 69_YENKO
Dan, I just ordered my copy. I look forward to reading, learning, tuning.
Wicked! Many thanks.
I'm sure you'll get something out of it, and the website will help keep it going.
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!
Old 12-21-2008, 02:05 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dan@masportspeedshop
Wicked! Many thanks.
I'm sure you'll get something out of it, and the website will help keep it going.
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!
is the website not functional yet? i bought the book and went to the listed website but its one of those pages that asks if i want to buy the domain name or something like that.
Dave
Old 12-22-2008, 11:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Location: Fairfax County, VA (You know you're here when you see the bad roads)

FYI, I got this book a couple of weeks ago and for those of you who are curious, if you need a book that will give you a step by step approach to actually tuning your vehicle this is the book you need! This is especially true if you have hp tuners because the book seems to be based around this software. If your a tuning rookie and are tired of reading books that cover nothing but theory, and want some actual steps, this is your book. My only complaint with it is that in a few places the book references charts via color (ie look at the green chart) but the book is black and white. However if you have the software it wont be hard to figure out. Well worth the price.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:02 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by UMD_Jesse
FYI, I got this book a couple of weeks ago and for those of you who are curious, if you need a book that will give you a step by step approach to actually tuning your vehicle this is the book you need! This is especially true if you have hp tuners because the book seems to be based around this software. If your a tuning rookie and are tired of reading books that cover nothing but theory, and want some actual steps, this is your book. My only complaint with it is that in a few places the book references charts via color (ie look at the green chart) but the book is black and white. However if you have the software it wont be hard to figure out. Well worth the price.
hearing this makes me even happier with my purchase, I can't wait until i receive my copy, I have heard nothing but good things
Old 12-23-2008, 05:11 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UMD_Jesse
I agree totally. I'm sure Dan will correct any flaws in the future printings. I just got to the part the other night where it said, the part of the table high lighted in green, and kept thinking was I looking at the wrong table. I think it was page 69. So far the book has been a great read. Dan took the time to explain the operation, bufore starting you off, tuning without knowing why you were doing it
Old 12-24-2008, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

I have EFILive is this book gonna be helpful to me? I know nothing bout tuning. All I am tuning is a head, cam car at the moment.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

just ordered. merry christmas to me.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:39 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by dab2pds
is the website not functional yet? i bought the book and went to the listed website but its one of those pages that asks if i want to buy the domain name or something like that.
Dave
The website hasn't launched yet, but will shortly. We're shooting for the middle of January. We're just making sure we get it right.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:44 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by crzhrs
I have EFILive is this book gonna be helpful to me? I know nothing bout tuning. All I am tuning is a head, cam car at the moment.
If you have EFILive, the book will still help you out. In fact, it doesn't matter what software platform you use, the tuning process is the same. In the near future, the book will be revised to correct certain errors (such as those mentioned above) as well as include a couple of case studies that were tuned using EFILive. Any new case studies added to the book will be included on the website, so everyone who buys the book will always be kept up to date with the new material.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Book ordered. I hope it's as good as you guys say it is, going to try and tune my turbo 5.3L. I made 415 HP on it N/A, so I have some capability at least.

Thanks for putting this together MAS.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:38 AM
On The Tree

Hey Dan,
Sent ya PM.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:53 PM
10 Second Club

My copy showed up today,should have gotten it Tuesday and again on Wednesday but FedEx kept coming while I wasn't home. I cant wait to start reading it.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

dan - where can we make suggestions or ask questions regarding the book. obviously the pictures are only in b&w even tho it does talk colors. also, i have a question regarding the 2002 turbo camaro tune in the book. you show the IFR with 60lb injectors starting around 62 lbs/hr at 0 kpa. that would make sense if the base car pressure was at 43.5 but the camaro is at 58ish so i would think the scale would start around 72 and go up from there?

great book, read it in 1 day! looking forward to the website. got a few more questions on the tunes also :-)
Old 01-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mterveen
dan - where can we make suggestions or ask questions regarding the book. obviously the pictures are only in b&w even tho it does talk colors. also, i have a question regarding the 2002 turbo camaro tune in the book. you show the IFR with 60lb injectors starting around 62 lbs/hr at 0 kpa. that would make sense if the base car pressure was at 43.5 but the camaro is at 58ish so i would think the scale would start around 72 and go up from there?

great book, read it in 1 day! looking forward to the website. got a few more questions on the tunes also :-)

Just Email or PM him through the forum, he's really good at getting back to you
Old 01-05-2009, 06:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Does this explain 2 and 3 bar tuning?
Old 01-05-2009, 11:44 PM
On The Tree

Still waiting on my copy..........................

Bird
Old 01-15-2009, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

Any complaints about this book so far? I am thinkin bout buying a copy. Just checked their website and it said $17 for shipping. Dam, How many pages is this book! They are not listed under sponsor index are they still a sponsor here?
Old 01-15-2009, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 104 Likes on 73 Posts

5 days from ordering it to get to my front door.

:-)
Old 01-15-2009, 05:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by crzhrs
Any complaints about this book so far? I am thinkin bout buying a copy. Just checked their website and it said $17 for shipping. Dam, How many pages is this book! They are not listed under sponsor index are they still a sponsor here?
Look at post #70, it says he's a sponsor. FedEx sets the price for shipping. I think the book is great, I finished reading it and found it to very informative. Its spiral bound so you can leave it open to the last page you were on and that feature will come in handy, when you're using it as a reference manual.

Quick Reply: What happened to the beta tuning book?