Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VCM Suite 2.22 Available Now!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 12:15 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default VCM Suite 2.22 Available Now!

HP Tuners VCM Suite v2.22 is Now Available!

HP Tuners is pleased to announce the release of VCM Suite 2.22. This release is has been a while in the making due to a lot of background projects here at HPT! This release announces our VCM Scanner only package as the headline feature. It also extends our existing GM & Ford support into 2008 & 2009 models, adds Windows Vista compatibility and adds support and expands functionality in various transmission controllers.

Behind the scene's we have been very busy with the opening of our new Chicago head office and growing our engineering resources to keep up with the demand for existing expansion and new application support.

Major new features for 2.22:
- VCM Scanner only package
- Windows Vista compatible
- many new and updated 2008 & 2009 GM applications including the 09 G8!
- Tunerlock support for E38 ECM's
- over 450 new parameters for GM 6L80e (T43) transmission
- GM Allison A40 Transmission Controller support
- newest GM Duramax LMM support
- VCM Scanner configuration forms GUI update
- Consolidated bug fixes since previous release and beta
- 1-2.5 bar Speed Density operating systems for Australian E38 vehicles, 08-09 G8 GT and some E38 Corvette calibrations with the rest to be rounded out over the next few months

Once again, we would like to thank our dedicated HPT staff, our team of forum moderators, beta testers and all our valued customers who help us keep VCM Suite at the leading edge of tuning solutions. We appreciate your enthusiasm, dedication, patience and feedback during the sometimes long and complex development process.

We hope you enjoy VCM Suite 2.22!

VCM Scanner
HP Tuners adds a new entry point for tuning enthusiasts with VCM Scanner. This package ships with the same MPVI Standard and Pro hardware options as the full VCM Suite but does not include the VCM Editor software capability. VCM Scanner allows you to scan and datalog your vehicle. It's an ideal way to get started if you don't want to tune your vehicle, want to monitor a shop tune you paid good money for, or you just want to impress your friends with advanced information available from your vehicles engine management system.

After the initial purchase, VCM Scanner does not require any additional licensing to use, you can scan any vehicle we support. Also, just like VCM Suite, software upgrades are free. So as we continue to add the latest model and other application support you can continue to upgrade completely free!

VCM Scanner can be upgraded to the full VCM Suite package at anytime, instantly via our online ordering system.

Pricing:
VCM Scanner Pro $499
VCM Scanner Std $349

For further details please see our website product page.

Dealers, please email sales@hptuners.com for further information.

GM 6L80e Transmission tuning enhancements
HP Tuners developers have been busy adding additional support for the GM 6-speed transmission (6L80e). Over 450 new parameters have been added to allow very detailed control of the transmission shift pressures and shift feel. These transmissions are extremely complex and that is reflected in the complex nature of the tuning parameters. Definitely a challenge for even the more experienced tuners out there!

GM Allison A40 Transmission Controller support
VCM Suite 2.22 also adds support for the Allison 6-speed transmission (A40 controller) used mostly in GM diesel engine applications. After a lengthy beta test period we are confident our customers will not be disappointed with the results!

Other Information
An additional reminder to existing customers that all current information about your product is available to you via our customer login facility. Things such as your current application key, available software downloads and general information is available there. If you have not created an account yet, please think about registering soon.

Review our general release & beta release methodology HERE.

A complete list of new features and bug fixes can be found HERE

Obtaining the update
All customers can login to download and install VCM Suite 2.22. Updates are FREE to all customers. MPVI customers who have never logged in, please create an account.

Please note that not all listed features and new vehicle types are available on serial interfaces, MPVI (USB) interface may be required.

For all ordering and pricing information on any of the new vehicles listed above, please see our Shop Online and Supported Vehicles page.

- The HP Tuners team.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Is this any different than the 2.22 I downloaded and installed on 4/24/08?
Old 07-10-2008, 12:52 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

yes, there have been nearly 2 dozen new compiles since 4/24
Old 07-10-2008, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

then why isnt the versioning bumped up?
Old 07-10-2008, 11:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I downloaded 2.22 on 6/7 and the one out there now is different (installing it now)..

It'd be nice to at least put an updated version or date on the install file...
Old 07-10-2008, 11:48 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by RedHardSupra
then why isnt the versioning bumped up?
It is, you can check your version by clicking Help-About which will give you the extended version ie 2.22.3110.28034
Old 07-10-2008, 02:43 PM
11 Second Club

I guess I'll need to download since I have the 2.22.3091.14856.

THX
Old 07-10-2008, 02:54 PM
Teching In

Great!

is there a log of changes made between releases?
Old 07-10-2008, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by warp10
I guess I'll need to download since I have the 2.22.3091.14856.

THX
Yeah me too... Thanks for updates..
Old 07-10-2008, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Question

Will this version automatically open over my previous version I downloaded a couple of months ago?
Old 07-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Pro Mouse
Will this version automatically open over my previous version I downloaded a couple of months ago?
it will install overtop of your previous install, but keeps all the settings and config files.

simple as downloading and running
Old 07-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not crazy about having to purchase a COS to SD tune the E38s. I'm going to try one, just to see the added features, but to have to pay for the ability to tune the VE, when its really already there, well thats just kinda silly.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by y2konyxss
it will install overtop of your previous install, but keeps all the settings and config files.

simple as downloading and running
Cool Thanks! ,I didn't know if I clicked on my Short cuts on my Desktop if it would open the Latest version.But I did know it kept my tunes and files...
Old 07-12-2008, 12:19 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
Not crazy about having to purchase a COS to SD tune the E38s. I'm going to try one, just to see the added features, but to have to pay for the ability to tune the VE, when its really already there, well thats just kinda silly.
If you have the tunershop license for Gen 4 cars you get the Gen 4 custom operating systems free.

The R&D involved in creating a real VE table with adjustable axes, added tables such as the boost VE, the extended maf table & limits its VERY time consuming but well worth it over the stock operating system.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by foff667
It is, you can check your version by clicking Help-About which will give you the extended version ie 2.22.3110.28034
i just downloaded and installed the newest and greatest, but the full version is 2.22.3042.35739, and the webpage says "Created on: April 30, 2008". Did you forget about me?
Old 07-14-2008, 11:44 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

i just downloaded and installed the newest and greatest, but the full version is 2.22.3042.35739, and the webpage says "Created on: April 30, 2008". Did you forget about me?
The creation date doesn't have a direct correlation to the build date ie just because it says April 30th doesn't mean there haven't been updates to the build between then and now in fact there have been ~20 updates to the public build in that time. Additionally customers using a serial interface will have a different build number than those using a USB interface since the USB interface users have a generic build as compared to serial users have an individual specific build number.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:59 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Good info.

I need to upload the latest version.

With version .22, I had noticed that the scanner was freezing up from time to time when I would review logs. Hopefully that will go away with the latest revision. I think my .22 version was downloaded back in May.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by foff667
The creation date doesn't have a direct correlation to the build date ie just because it says April 30th doesn't mean there haven't been updates to the build between then and now in fact there have been ~20 updates to the public build in that time. Additionally customers using a serial interface will have a different build number than those using a USB interface since the USB interface users have a generic build as compared to serial users have an individual specific build number.

so is what I got the newest for serial interfaces? What's the best way to find out the newest build and if i got it?
Old 07-14-2008, 12:11 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Good info.

I need to upload the latest version.

With version .22, I had noticed that the scanner was freezing up from time to time when I would review logs. Hopefully that will go away with the latest revision. I think my .22 version was downloaded back in May.
Mine has been doing that too. Mostly in the chart view.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:17 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

so is what I got the newest for serial interfaces? What's the best way to find out the newest build and if i got it?
Login to your customer page & download from the 2.22 link, that WILL be the latest version available.

Quick Reply: VCM Suite 2.22 Available Now!