Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPTUNERS wideband

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 04:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HPTUNERS wideband

Which page/tabs, do I go to to set up my innovate wideband LM-1 so HP will "recognize" it? I'm having more trouble getting the wideband hooked up than anything else so far
Was hoping to find a step by step process, but haven't been able to get anything by bits and pieces of info so far.
Thanks
Old 08-10-2008, 04:56 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Scanner-table display

I always set my LM1 up in the Analog 1 cell and then run the analog output to the #1 slot.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think we need more info. I assume you have the HP Tuner with the Ebhanced IO. If so how did you wire it. Are you just having problems configuring it in the scanner?
Old 08-11-2008, 06:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Killer_Bluebird
I think we need more info. I assume you have the HP Tuner with the Enhanced IO. If so how did you wire it. Are you just having problems configuring it in the scanner?
Yes; I have HP with enhanced IO. I will have to look to see the actual wire colors (I got the info from the forum concerning the hook up) but from memory, I have output one wire in the 1st slot, output 2 wire in the 2nd slot, and the ground (copper wire) in the 5th/ground slot.
I need to configure it to "communicate" with the wideband. From reading the tutorials, It's my understanding that it's not a plug and play, so I need to know where to go, and what settings I need to enable the AFR to display in HPTuners.
Thanks
Old 08-11-2008, 08:17 AM
12 Second Club

You need to calibrate your LM-1 with the software that came with it. Then you need to set up your PID in your HPT and add your wideband to your charts. Once the wideband is reading on your HPT, start your car up and make sure your wideband display and HPT is reading the same. If not, you need to adjust your offset voltage. I have the red wire on #1, white on #2 and Ground on #5. Hope this helps. PM me your email and I will send you some instruction sheets that may help you. Files are to big to upload on forum.

Last edited by 2000WS6ICK; 08-11-2008 at 08:27 AM.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:46 PM
On The Tree

So adjusting the offset voltage in LMprogrammer to the correct settings will correct the log reading say 11.5 and LM1 reading say 12.5 ?If the log is varying same as the LM1 but readings are off ? Sorry to butt in but I am having a similar problem with mine as well and the responses I have found are rather vague or so far over my head its not funny ! Seems like its set to 1-5 volt and 10.7 ? I will have to look at my laptop again.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

This is how you adjust for offset voltage. http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11018