Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Last of the breed badge....

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 08:21 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a guy selling them on e-bay almost every 7 days. He must have a bunch of them..Expect to pay $150+. that's what the bids are going up to
Old 06-15-2009, 10:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dan
There is a guy selling them on e-bay almost every 7 days. He must have a bunch of them..Expect to pay $150+. that's what the bids are going up to
forget that...go to 737:

http://www.737graphics.com/Kits/cult...t-Fire-LOB.htm

$95 + shipping. Can't beat that.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bumping this....

Because.....

I wanted an LOB set for a recently purchased 02 TA.

Back in 02 when I got my formula (still have this car) I bought the LOB package from the dealer. The badges look so sweet on these cars.

Since getting the TA, I wanted the same set.

I looked all over the place. Ebay..other sellers etc.
When considering a 'reproduction', I went to MY PERSONAL SITE, to compare the designs because I have pics of the original kit.
Lo and behold...back in 2002, I stated on the page it was by MORGAN DESIGN.
Whoo Hoo!
I tracked them down today...March 10,2010...and they are still selling the original kits!!
$96.00
Includes the badges, keychain and cert!!

I'm STOKED that I was able to score this original set!

So...if your still looking...give em a buzz.

http://mdgglobal.com/
Morgan Design Group
737 Blackhawk Drive
Westmont, IL
Phone: 630.887.1700
Fax: 630.887.7920

(I was gonna make a new post about about this...but did a search and found this thread)

Regardless...as of today, you can still score the original kit from the original supplier.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DóòD
Bumping this....

Because.....

I wanted an LOB set for a recently purchased 02 TA.

Back in 02 when I got my formula (still have this car) I bought the LOB package from the dealer. The badges look so sweet on these cars.

Since getting the TA, I wanted the same set.

I looked all over the place. Ebay..other sellers etc.
When considering a 'reproduction', I went to MY PERSONAL SITE, to compare the designs because I have pics of the original kit.
Lo and behold...back in 2002, I stated on the page it was by MORGAN DESIGN.
Whoo Hoo!
I tracked them down today...March 10,2010...and they are still selling the original kits!!
$96.00
Includes the badges, keychain and cert!!

I'm STOKED that I was able to score this original set!

So...if your still looking...give em a buzz.

http://mdgglobal.com/
Morgan Design Group
737 Blackhawk Drive
Westmont, IL
Phone: 630.887.1700
Fax: 630.887.7920

(I was gonna make a new post about about this...but did a search and found this thread)

Regardless...as of today, you can still score the original kit from the original supplier.
For what its worth...those are not the exact same as the originals that came with some of the 02 cars (dealer option.) The key chains are different as are the badges (slight difference but still not the same.) I have several of the original kits and bought one of those...they are different.

As for LOTB being for anything but an 02 car...the certificate that comes with it says "Congradulations on purchasing a Firebird from the LAST YEAR OF PRODUCTION"....not the last 3 or 4 years. Enough said.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 97ramsst
For what its worth...those are not the exact same as the originals that came with some of the 02 cars (dealer option.) The key chains are different as are the badges (slight difference but still not the same.) I have several of the original kits and bought one of those...they are different.
FWIW... its from the same designer that that made the badges back in 02 for my formula.
And it was in fact offered by my dealer at the time. Howard Pontiac in Elmhurst IL. I bought it thru them. $69.00 if I recall correctly.

Ya...I've seen different keychains. But never thought much of it.

EDIT:
Here are pics of the original kit. (I took these back in 2002 when I first bought it)

And of course the keychain

Is this different from what you are referring to?

/EDIT

When speaking to a guy at morgan design, he said they had sold 'untold numbers' of that kit, and still sell quite a few today.

If there is another designer/supplier out there...I'm unaware of it.
Yet...regardless, at least I know I'm getting the same kit, from the same designer/supplier that I bought back in 2002.
If Howard Pontiac chose them to supply the kit? Thats good enough for me.
(Howard claimed to be the largest seller of firebirds in Illinois at the time. This is how I was able to score one of the first 5000 LS1's back in 98. They were allocated over a dozen when they first shipped. This was in october of 1997. The next 'batch' wasnt released until April of 1998.)

What other 'designers' are you saying are out there?
I wouldnt doubt that there could be others, I'm just curious.

As for LOTB being for anything but an 02 car...the certificate that comes with it says "Congradulations on purchasing a Firebird from the LAST YEAR OF PRODUCTION"....not the last 3 or 4 years. Enough said.
True dat!

I have two 02 birds and one 98 bird.
The two 02's get the badges..the 98? Nope.

And the verbiage?
Actually its says :
Congratulations on driving a firebird from the final year of production. The spirit of the muscle car lives...with you"
(I'm reading that right now from a copy of my original that I have hanging at my desk... )

Last edited by DóòD; 03-10-2010 at 03:19 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:55 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Very interesting this stuff. I love old trivial crap like this. I've never even heard of this badge until reading this thread, let alone ever seen it on a car.

As I read through the thread, at first, I thought it could be "correct" as the badge specifically says "1967 - 2002". BUT as the certificate says
"Congratulations on purchasing a Firebird from the LAST YEAR OF PRODUCTION," I’d say no, put it on a 2002 car ONLY.

Then again, every car owner is free to mod his car to his liking, even if it’s neon lime green with hot pink racing stripes, it’s his car. Do as you like, it won’t bother me.

Just nobody yell at me when I put a Ram Air hood on my car and a WS6 badge on the rear.

I'm sure this guy thinks his ride is just the coolest thing ever:

Old 03-10-2010, 07:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^^^^WTF is this. Lmao poor poor bird. How can people do that? Nah but seriously, haha. In my opinion it's up to u if u put them on your 99' people are gonna ask what year your car is tho. And when u say 99 they might make comments about your emblem
Old 03-10-2010, 07:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

...."comments about my emblem", who cares, really. I have a 1999, got them from emblempros and could give two ***** if anyone say this bullshit of not being a 2002 like this was a regulation imposed by God about the use of them.

Here is my "bastard" of a car with them...

Old 03-11-2010, 07:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

These are from 737. Whether or not they're original or not doesn't bother me; I think the look great.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Spd-Kilz
These are from 737. Whether or not they're original or not doesn't bother me; I think the look great.

No they dont...the Masters of the Universe have declared so....

It is written that..."Thou should not put these in any other but a 2002 specimen, amen"

Thats an awesome looking car!

Last edited by chaman; 03-11-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:52 PM
On The Tree

I think the design or shape of the emblem is a little cheeze I guess it needs to grow on me....
IF it was JUST ment for the 2002 Trans Am they would of wrote

"LAST OF THE BREED"
******2002******

but by having
1967-2002 I think ALL TRANS AM OWNERS SHOULD HAVE ONE because after all really, we are all The Last of the Breeds
Old 03-22-2010, 12:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can somebody photoshop it so it says FINAL GENERATION instead of FINAL YEAR??? No wait then that will include LT1 cars too...we are still going to exclude them arent we???

Oh yeah, and leave it blank were it says 2002 in the first paragraph too...then you can just fill in the blank with what ever year you want.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Paul Bell
Very interesting this stuff. I love old trivial crap like this. I've never even heard of this badge until reading this thread, let alone ever seen it on a car.

As I read through the thread, at first, I thought it could be "correct" as the badge specifically says "1967 - 2002". BUT as the certificate says
"Congratulations on purchasing a Firebird from the LAST YEAR OF PRODUCTION," I’d say no, put it on a 2002 car ONLY.

Then again, every car owner is free to mod his car to his liking, even if it’s neon lime green with hot pink racing stripes, it’s his car. Do as you like, it won’t bother me.

Just nobody yell at me when I put a Ram Air hood on my car and a WS6 badge on the rear.

I'm sure this guy thinks his ride is just the coolest thing ever:

WTF!!!
Old 04-09-2011, 07:47 AM
Launching!

I know I am bumping an old thread, but I'm glad I did a search on this. Just ordered the lotb set from 737. I don't think I am going to put these on the car, but maybe I'll make a display with cert and badges framed and matted, who knows.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Some dealers installed them but they were NOT a dealer option. Meaning there was no RPO code for them like the NHRA badges had.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:51 AM
Launching!

Well, I was initially thinking of purchasing the recreation badges from emblempros but after seeing this thread I'd rather have this set. When you pay for the emblems through paypal, the payment goes to Morgan Design Group -- the original manufacturer.

Taking nothing away from emblempros though, they make super high quality badges and I have emblempros badges on my car now
Old 04-09-2011, 05:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

How about a matching head plate?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AMESELX%3AIT
Old 04-09-2011, 05:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 206 Likes on 125 Posts

we need more pics of that chick in your Avatar EchoMirage WOW

Originally Posted by EchoMirage
it was a dealer option, not some aftermarket thing you bought on the side. not every dealer sold them. if you got the original set, you got 2 badges, key fobs, and a framable certificate stating you bought the last year firebird. it was probably available on any firebird, formual, or TA.

i got mine around 2003-4 off ebay, when original kits were still around.

Quick Reply: Last of the breed badge....