Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Wimpy Horn

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 12:20 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

f-bodys have two horns a high and a low-one always goes out. I replaced my low with one drom autozone and its loud again...
Old 10-09-2010, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by droccm98
i went to radio shack just looking for the speaker, worker came over, directed me to suggested speakers for the cb, and cb itself after i had told them my intentions. hook it up, speaker wasnt loud after testing it plugged to my phone, take it back, buy huge speaker, it was loud, then find the mic doesnt work and i had bought the last cb they had. so forget it ill just keep revving
Damn that blows. Too bad your hord doesn't! Guess going the Bandit route isn't for you then, huh? I remember the speaker I got was about 10" long and had a rectangular opening that was about 3X5 or so. Looks like a plastic PA speaker (not a regular in-car audio speaker). Get your CB from Wallyworld, easy return policy.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Swiat34
Damn that blows. Too bad your hord doesn't! Guess going the Bandit route isn't for you then, huh? I remember the speaker I got was about 10" long and had a rectangular opening that was about 3X5 or so. Looks like a plastic PA speaker (not a regular in-car audio speaker). Get your CB from Wallyworld, easy return policy.
yeah really haha. but that sounds like the speaker i got, was like a gray or off white speaker.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That train horn video is funny as hell! I think I'll try the parts store route though, I don't think I'd like repairing the bullet holes I'd get when I used the train horn.

Quick Reply: Wimpy Horn