Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

About to Buy 1999 WS6

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AznDragon533
Im about to turn this deal down because the interior is gray versus black

I wouldn't turn it down... WORST CASE buy a set of seats that are darker from someone here on the forums... and then sell yours for the same price. It's a little more work, but it will get you the result you want. You could drive around with the gray seats until you find a decent set of 00-02 seats. Just an idea... Ultimately, you are the one who has to be happy with your purchase. If you are hung up on some aspects of the car, stop and think about what it would cost you to buy the car and correct those problems. If you are not getting the deal you want then maybe you should wait for the right car to come around.

When I bought mine it was a no brainer. I picked up a LS1 WS6 with excellent interior and above average paint for $4800. granted It took me forever to find said car. I was on here every day a couple times a day browsing the classified ads looking for a good deal. It took me two months of searching, but I finally found it and I had to travel two states away to pick it up, but it was worth it. Honestly I wasn't too keen on the silver color, but for the price I couldn't turn it down. It also had some higher miles at around 140k but that didn't mean anything to me as I was going to rebuild everything the way I wanted anyway.

Good luck with your search.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought mine with 140k on the odo last august. broken headlights, shredded interior, cracked dash, bad brakes, leaky rack n pinion, bald tires, broken windshield and bone stock.... i still paid 4700 for it... I sold the interior and all parts i didnt want and the got enough money to replace it with what i wanted, ive probably only got maybe 5500 in it now. Probably less but i could easily get more than that for it now...

Old 06-09-2011, 04:35 AM
TECH Resident

ugh, the pictures are bringing back such good memories. But how does this thing run dude!? Like stated above just switch out the interior if it's that big a deal to you.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Teching In

I just have another candidate

http://roanoke.craigslist.org/cto/2379393224.html

2002 trans am 7600 miles new paint job corvette engine 4 tvs, convertible many many extras

he said "door" panel is loose .......................someone help me on this

can someone run the VIN # for me

2G2FV22G022157728

Last edited by AznDragon533; 06-09-2011 at 06:55 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:28 PM
TECH Addict

did you just say "corvette engine"?

edit:

fyi, the other car is much better than this one. the door panel is loose because its got a lambo kit on some of the heaviest doors on the planet.. pulling up down in and out is probably ripped the screws out of the skin.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR

edit:

fyi, the other car is much better than this one. the door panel is loose because its got a lambo kit on some of the heaviest doors on the planet.. pulling up down in and out is probably ripped the screws out of the skin.
LOL! I love it when people advertise it as "the corvette engine"

+1 for the heavy doors. Who would think fiberglass could be so heavy...
Old 06-09-2011, 06:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just have another candidate

2002 trans am 7600 miles new paint job corvette engine 4 tvs, convertible many many extras

he said "door" panel is loose .......................someone help me on this

can someone run the VIN # for me

2G2SV22G022157728
this one is suspicious
Old 06-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Teching In

edit:

you think the door panel would be a cheap easy fix?
Old 06-09-2011, 07:54 PM
TECH Addict

you think the door panel would be a cheap easy fix?
depends on the problem.. I can make one hell of a list of things that are wrong with our doors.. haha.. his description of "door panel loose" could be anything from a broken lower hinge to the tabs on the panel not being seated... you just never know. I would stay away from a lambo fbody unless he has proof is a decah kit. imo that is the only real kit that will hold up over time. judging by the rims he has on it, it looks to be done on the cheap. that one is gonna take waaaay more than the first one to make it into what youre looking for...
Old 06-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Teching In

depends on the problem.. I can make one hell of a list of things that are wrong with our doors.. haha.. his description of "door panel loose" could be anything from a broken lower hinge to the tabs on the panel not being seated... you just never know. I would stay away from a lambo fbody unless he has proof is a decah kit. imo that is the only real kit that will hold up over time. judging by the rims he has on it, it looks to be done on the cheap. that one is gonna take waaaay more than the first one to make it into what youre looking for...
oh god, im going to drive there 4 hours away, Saturday with a friend, might offer him $7500 cash.

also it has illegal tint and underground lights.....I hate my life
Old 06-09-2011, 08:50 PM
TECH Addict

honestly man, i would stay away from the lambo doors unless you know what youre looking at.. most of the kits are made of soft metal that fatigues quickly and shocks that give out even faster. If you are going to take one piece of advice from the guys on this forum it needs to be this...."Know what youre getting into as best you can." Most of these cars have a history that aren't flattering.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Teching In

honestly man, i would stay away from the lambo doors unless you know what youre looking at.. most of the kits are made of soft metal that fatigues quickly and shocks that give out even faster. If you are going to take one piece of advice from the guys on this forum it needs to be this...."Know what youre getting into as best you can." Most of these cars have a history that aren't flattering.
How much would it cost me for the kit to make them regular doors again...
Old 06-09-2011, 09:45 PM
TECH Addict

How much would it cost me for the kit to make them regular doors again...
assuming he didnt cut anything out, you should make a little money by selling the hinges then go to any junkyard and buy some that arent sagging or you may be able to find some on here... It is a realy PITA removing these doors. also, he should have lengthened the harness to reach so you will have that extra wiring to deal with.. there is a lot of variables, ask for some detailed *** pics...maybe a vid of what hes saying is wrong. If he is an honest seller, he will have no problem giving you what you ask for...

you also have to remove the front fenders as well...
Old 06-09-2011, 09:56 PM
TECH Resident

Honestly, spend the little extra on a clean car that wont give you headaches. Both cars you posted reek of problems. For 7500 you can find a clean car here on the forums, and don't be afraid to travel. I flew to Arizona to pick up my SLP optioned 2000 SS M6 with Koni DA's and other suspension for 6700.. car was a clean 1 owner car with documentation of everything ever done or replaced on the car.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:08 PM
TECH Addict

^ NO ****!!!
Old 06-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Teching In

Car fax on it

http://www.carfax.com/viewEmailRepor...i3&language=en

is this a go or no? should i get a mechanic to check it?

good buy for $7000?

Last edited by AznDragon533; 06-10-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Quick Reply: About to Buy 1999 WS6