This girl has a couple problems. Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 10:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This girl has a couple problems. Help

01 TA m6-Stock

*Only happens on REALLY HOT days*
In first gear, or sometimes any other gear, if I get on it too hard it just wants to fall on it's face and die, it bogs, does the same thing sometimes when I rev it in first gear to go from a stop... But then it will pick itself back up but barely. Also, the temperature gage will drop to 100 then come back up to around 210.
It wants to die and bogs even more when I have the AC on.. which sucks in KC weather.

*My 4th gear has a bad chatter when you pull out of it.... & 3rd gear will pop out every now and then. <Tranny rebuild?

* And ALSO, around 5th gear the ABOS/check engine light/and brake light all come on and stay on until I turn the car off? My brakes slip bad and picks itself back up if I'm trying to slow down say for instance on the highway after I had got done gettin on it.< Is that form the ABOS light pop up? Though the ABOS and brake light never came on before I put 4 new tires on.

From the 1 code I got I have to replace my knock sensors but I'm not sure if they have to do with anything I've said up top^
Old 07-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

1. When was the last time you did a full check diagnostic on that car?

2. When was the last time that car had a decent tune up?

3. When was the last time you checked your hydraulic fluid for your tranny?

4. Repeat 1 through 3.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:48 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Welcome to LS1tech!

Keep posting up with answers to our questions and we'll eventually nail your problems. The search function will be your best friend.

-How many miles on this car?
-How well has it been cared for/maintained?
-Will you be attempting the work yourself (I hope yes)
Old 07-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bene
1. When was the last time you did a full check diagnostic on that car?

2. When was the last time that car had a decent tune up?

3. When was the last time you checked your hydraulic fluid for your tranny?

4. Repeat 1 through 3.

Already checked the hydraulic fluid and it was fine.

Haven't done a full check up just the check engine light. And hasn't had a tune up in a while, probably try that.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Paul Bell
Welcome to LS1tech!

Keep posting up with answers to our questions and we'll eventually nail your problems. The search function will be your best friend.

-How many miles on this car?
-How well has it been cared for/maintained?
-Will you be attempting the work yourself (I hope yes)
I bought it 5 months ago. There were 96K on it and now it's at 101k. The guy who had it before me ran the **** out of it and never kept good maintenance on the running parts. Still had stock clutch, stock park plugs/wires, belts were worn etc.... I put all new stuff in it.

I've been taking great care of it. For the first 3 months the car was running stong. Now it's kind of dying down.

And yes I'll be doing all the work to my car.. Well atleast that's what the boyfriend's for. haha. I'm used to helping out taking transmissions/ motors out, etc. with my boyfriends Z28 so I'm familiar with it all.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

well now that you mentioned you have a boyfriend don't expect any further help lol..
Old 07-12-2011, 12:29 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Cool. I'm thinking the transmission, clutch and clutch system need some work. Have two shops look at it for a "free" diagnostic and then, knowing what work is needed, decide if you (and your BF) can tackle the job.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:30 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Although I do believe there's transmission issues here, have you replaced the fuel filter recently?
Old 07-12-2011, 01:32 PM
Teching In

Although I do believe there's transmission issues here, have you replaced the fuel filter recently?
Yeah I know I need a diagnostic.

Haven't replaced the fuel filter, there was also some thought that it could be the fuel pump..
Old 07-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by djfury05
well now that you mentioned you have a boyfriend don't expect any further help lol..
Lol that doesn't mean that he knows everything. I trust the forum guys.... most of the time. lol
Old 07-12-2011, 01:41 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

I would start with the fuel filter before proceeding with anything else. It's surprisingly overlooked by people when the "freshen up" their cars. Probably because it's a pain in the ***.

Stock fuel pumps last pretty long. When they go bad, they usually just die completely.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Stock fuel pumps last pretty long. When they go bad, they usually just die completely.
x2 The fuel pump on my 97 didn't go out until 260k miles

I'll be in the KC area the first weekend of August, do yall have any meets. Would like to meet some more people since I'm up there every couple months
Old 07-15-2011, 03:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JrodCamaro
x2 The fuel pump on my 97 didn't go out until 260k miles

I'll be in the KC area the first weekend of August, do yall have any meets. Would like to meet some more people since I'm up there every couple months

Yeah you and I both. lol. SOMETIMES I see people meet but there isn't alot going on all the time.. or atleast that I know about. The one thing I can think of is Fast Friday's at KC Trends in Kansas. Like the other night I was cruising around and this trans am and camaro run up on my *** and asked me to follow to up to north kc... pretty lame. Was a bunch of high school kids in their gt mustangs. Cute.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Always fun to embarass the kids who think their cars are the ****, I remember being one of them.
Curious, how old are you? Maybe meet up with you and your boyfriend if you got time to BS for a little bit? Always good to meet cool FBody people, especially a girl who's into them. Lol, got any friends? jk
Old 07-15-2011, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JrodCamaro
Always fun to embarass the kids who think their cars are the ****, I remember being one of them.
Curious, how old are you? Maybe meet up with you and your boyfriend if you got time to BS for a little bit? Always good to meet cool FBody people, especially a girl who's into them. Lol, got any friends? jk
^x2 lol love meeting girls who are really into cars...just so damn hard to find. have resorted to just finding a girl who didn't mind learning and teaching her everything.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ws6outlaw
^x2 lol love meeting girls who are really into cars...just so damn hard to find. have resorted to just finding a girl who didn't mind learning and teaching her everything.
haha, I don't think I could think of anything better than finding a girl like that. Just hanging out with them is atleast cool enough for time being. I don't know if I'd have the patience to teach I guess I could try
Old 07-23-2011, 07:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 248 Likes on 204 Posts

if you had me for a B/F.......it would all be fixed now
Old 07-26-2011, 01:31 AM
Staging Lane

For you in the KC area, there are some runs down off Front St. Tons of guys/girls go down there.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Redf02rmula
For you in the KC area, there are some runs down off Front St. Tons of guys/girls go down there.
Will be up there the 2nd week of August. 12th 13th and 14th I believe are the days. Where at exactly?
Old 07-26-2011, 04:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Redf02rmula
No ****? Where the hell have I been? When do these runs usually go down?

Quick Reply: This girl has a couple problems. Help