TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks slow
Old 12-10-2012, 09:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jadedbird
looks slow
Says the guy looking for parts! Haha, just joking man. Looks like a awesome build list. Do I know you? You're from Lexington I see and that's where my family is. And I guess compared to most cars on here it is slow because it doesn't have much done to it, but it's all a growth process.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:00 PM
TECH Resident

i just like to give people a hard time. probably not. just moved in about 2 years ago.. nice place... cold as ****..
and yes my car is slow as **** haha
Old 12-10-2012, 10:03 PM
TECH Resident

if i were you... id fix all cosmetic issues.. rims, exhaust, and soundsystem (and tint? cant tell)

then find yourself an iron block and build it to hell
Old 12-10-2012, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jadedbird
if i were you... id fix all cosmetic issues.. rims, exhaust, and soundsystem (and tint? cant tell)

then find yourself an iron block and build it to hell
I am not worried about a system. I burned myself out of that when I was a teenager. I have enough bass with the speakers that are in the car. The wheels will be taken care of soon, then exhaust(all I need is either one tip to match the good one or a new set). Paint will be next when I have the money. Tint is already the way I want it.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:45 PM
TECH Resident

C5 Deep Dish!

At least it came with the Hood Already so you don't have to buy that saved you $1000.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Exactly!! And yes, I would love some deep dish C5s! 17x11 on the rear, 17x9.5 on the front and it would be very happy!

Just bought a 99 NBM T/A 6spd!-oe-vette-c5-18-dd-rt-matt-b-22ps-n1.jpg

This without the lip studs would be awesome!
Old 01-05-2013, 12:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When u swap stereo head units. There is a module that costs about $ 100. To make steering wheel controls work. Most of my bolt on components are all chassis or tranny mods. They have really improved the handling characteristics of the car. Doesn't matter how much Horse Power u make. The car needs to be able to handle it properly
Old 01-05-2013, 07:22 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new ride! With a slight drop and some wheels T/A's need NOTHING done to just be sick looking. Just getting to know all the little ins and outs by fixing things is the best way to quickly appreciate your new ride!

As far as that switch, theres no way thats factory. Cant you trace that wiring/harness to see where it ends up? see if its hot with a multimeter or whatever...in acc, off, on positions, etc. Remove your capet in the rear, see if the PO had a sound system. If he put in a factory fuel pump or was previously boosted or had meth or something, he may have had a kill switch. Contact the PO and ask..?

Good luck man! I see you guys (most posting so far) are from TX. San Antonio here. Going to be looking for locals to cruise and chill/mod with. Maybe ill take a trip up north and cruise soon!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by metalmechanic
When u swap stereo head units. There is a module that costs about $ 100. To make steering wheel controls work. Most of my bolt on components are all chassis or tranny mods. They have really improved the handling characteristics of the car. Doesn't matter how much Horse Power u make. The car needs to be able to handle it properly
Yeah I plan to get the harness or module to keep my steering wheel controls. I also plan to have my trans rebuilt by Tick Performance and get the adjustable cmc. What mods do you have chassis and suspension wise? Im on my phone so if it's in your sig I can't see it. I don't plan on doing anything to the motor for a while. I plan to stiffen it up, lower it a little and get it to really ride on rails, then beef up the drivetrain to handle some power. Then ill worry about engine mods.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WS6nTX
Congrats on the new ride! With a slight drop and some wheels T/A's need NOTHING done to just be sick looking. Just getting to know all the little ins and outs by fixing things is the best way to quickly appreciate your new ride!

As far as that switch, theres no way thats factory. Cant you trace that wiring/harness to see where it ends up? see if its hot with a multimeter or whatever...in acc, off, on positions, etc. Remove your capet in the rear, see if the PO had a sound system. If he put in a factory fuel pump or was previously boosted or had meth or something, he may have had a kill switch. Contact the PO and ask..?

Good luck man! I see you guys (most posting so far) are from TX. San Antonio here. Going to be looking for locals to cruise and chill/mod with. Maybe ill take a trip up north and cruise soon!
Yeah it needs to be repainted and I don't think the hood is OE. So plans cosmetically are OE hood, wheels, slight drop, new exhaust tips, smoked side markers, and a repaint with factory color.

The switch is actually an SLP fan switch but the fans work on their own automatically no matter what position the switch is in so I still don't know what it actually activates or deactivates. It did previously have a system but this switch does not do anything stereo wise and the P.O. doesn't know what it is either. No fuel hook up either. OE pump.

Quick Reply: Just bought a 99 NBM T/A 6spd!