Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

WS6 a good first car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 01:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NeMz-TransAm
Age has nothing to do with it. It's a combination of driving talent, driving experience, and maturity. A few guys on here hit the nail on the head when they said to respect the car. I got my first car (Monte Carlo) and started driving at 15. I got my license at 17. I got a GTA at 20, and I crashed it a year later. I was found at 0% fault cause a guy jumped a stop sign, but truth be told, if I was driving more slowly and more defensively the crash my not happened. He should be thankful I drive as well as I do cause I was able to steer enough that I only clipped his front bumper instead of T-Boning the old b@stard. I now own an LS1, and even tho I've always been mature and mellow, and not to horrible behind the wheel, I thank God I didn't own an LS1 as a first car. I always recommend a weak beater as a first car just to get used to mechanics and physics, and learn reflex. If you go the beater route, make sure you buy something similar to what your end goal is. Like buying a Chevy Cobalt that is a 4 cylinder front wheel drive, will not prepare you for a LS1 V8 rear wheel drive fire breather. It is possible to have this as a first car as long as your really take it easy learning the car and how it handles and responds and respecting it.
Defiently agree.

OP.... Personally id say no to getting it as a first car mainly because it will be very..very tempting to see what kind of fun you can have in this car, and not that im saying you do t have any experience behind the wheel, but it can be very testing at times, but im sure we all appreciate your interest and enthusiam into this car and we all support you probably to a certain extent to getting one of these beauty's.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Its a piece of *****....

Just the way I like it
Old 12-31-2012, 02:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by chaman
Its a piece of *****....

Just the way I like it
Chapman, I love your car..
Old 01-04-2013, 12:10 AM

Default Lmao

DUDE (chaman) YOU HAVE AWESOME TASTE LOL. My car is the exact same thing. Same color, T-Tops, clear corners, Ram Air hood everything. Even similarly styled wheels. Only thing is when I went for that BBS style look for both cosmetics and strength, I remember that GM put basically that exact same thing on a C6 ZR1.... so I got 17x8.5 Chrome ZR1 in the front and 18x10 Chrome ZR1 in the rear. Beautiful car bro, that thing is sick. Even tho our cars are identical in everyway, the finish on the paint and the gaps on the body panels seems flawless bro, I'd love to see it in person. Good luck bro, keep it clean and be safe man.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

just dont try to show off and be Joe cool and the car shouldnt cause you any problems till your ready to get a bit "fancy" later on
Old 01-04-2013, 12:46 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a scenario when the term "age is only a number" works pretty well. Some young people can handle the demands of driving an fbody and others in their 40s cannot. I got my Camaro when I was 16. Now I'm 18 almost 19 and currently building a turbo setup for the car. Many older folks tell me your too young and its too much car for you. The fact of the matter is that I have been around fast cars my whole life. I was brought up around horsepower and taught how to respect it from a young age. By the time I was old enough to drive I was able to buy the car, get in it, learn its limits and safely enjoy it. Buying that car as my first car was one of the best things I have done IMO. It taught me a lot and has given me many great memories and hopefully many more to come.

Quick Reply: WS6 a good first car?