Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Finally in an F-body

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 07:08 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

What kinda head unit was the old one? Still got it? And wanna trade that bezel for a stock one?
Old 05-12-2013, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sail Hatan
What kinda head unit was the old one? Still got it? And wanna trade that bezel for a stock one?
I still have the old one boxed up. PM me and I'll sell it to you.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Finally in an F-body-m3wg8l1.jpg

I will take the mothers powerball to these after the gasket is fixed. I don't like the way these look what so ever.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wish some sellers would take some decent pics like that, looks great
Old 05-14-2013, 08:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thank you sir. She is going to get a lot of small attention to detail this summer. I want her cleaner than the day she left the factory.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Talked to brad again. He said that my exhaust gasket just cumbled when heed took the header off, so that's most likely the cause of the exhaust leak.

Unfortunately he did say that the car probably over heated at some point. The water pump is newish and the gasket is old and the pump was installed incorrectly. So that's pretty terrifying but that's probably why the freeze plug is leaking. He is going to work this week to seeing if we can just replace the plug, but we are going to find and use a different head to be safe.

But on a good note. He said all of the internals look good and there shouldn't be any damage to the car. He hopes to have it mostly wrapped up this weekend if he can locate a new head.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Got her back this afternoon and she is running awesome. He actually replaced the PVC system on the car to clean up under hood and added these filter. Idles better since the hoses were rotten and leaking. More fun coming this summer!

Finally in an F-body-c5a0svy.jpg

Finally in an F-body-sdszjtk.jpg
Old 06-09-2013, 08:29 PM
TECH Resident

quick thread jack.. whats that cable with the red end next to the throttle cable?

Finally in an F-body-sdszjtk.jpg

welcome to your new addiction. thats a clean pick up for under 8K. i paid 9K and was left with a mess...

but i too find myself a bit partial to the black ws6's. im a bit bias in most cases

Old 06-09-2013, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here. But I believe cars with traction control have 1 cable, cars with no traction control have 2 cables.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

I believe that cable is for cruise control. My buddy's M6 has the same 2 cable setup but has traction control.

Oh and Jaded, I feel your pain. I paid 9k for mine and was left with over a 6k bill to replace old/damaged parts. **** just continues to pop up as of now and I'm ready to drive it into a ******* tree.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Installed the 5.0 this morning. Best money I've spent on modifying a car to date.

Finally in an F-body-auupl2w.jpg
Old 06-10-2013, 01:17 PM
Launching!

I've heard those shifter stops are bad news and unneccessary in a T56 becuase it has internal stops
Old 06-10-2013, 01:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I can honestly say that I've only heard good things. Many people have recommended this to me. So hopefully they are right.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Absolutely beautiful day out. So I decided to go a cruise. Gave Lana a good wipe down, not a wash, and hit the road. Here are a few pics I took. Not sure why the camera on my phone made the pictures like this, but oh well.

Finally in an F-body-99elexv.jpg
Finally in an F-body-fvuduxe.jpg
Finally in an F-body-t07eiai.jpg

Here are the other pictures I took

Finally in an F-body-qtif3fp.jpg
Finally in an F-body-lrcdfnc.jpg
Finally in an F-body-t2elizt.jpg
Finally in an F-body-xuohmac.jpg
Finally in an F-body-6hikhck.jpg
Finally in an F-body-hhtdyug.jpg

Last edited by Tipnitty; 09-04-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Tipnitty
Absolutely beautiful day out. So I decided to go a cruise. Gave Lana a good wipe down, not a wash, and hit the road. Here are a few pics I took. Not sure why the camera on my phone made the pictures like this, but oh well.
Beautiful car.
I don't want to be "that guy" but don't ever "give the car a wipe down". You will cause swirls and RIDs in the paint. If you want to clean it without hurting the paint, you have to wash it (properly).
Just trying to help a fellow Fbody guy out, I know I would want the same advice if I didn't know better.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Beautiful car.
I don't want to be "that guy" but don't ever "give the car a wipe down". You will cause swirls and RIDs in the paint. If you want to clean it without hurting the paint, you have to wash it (properly).
Just trying to help a fellow Fbody guy out, I know I would want the same advice if I didn't know better.
I used the eagle 1 quick detail stuff. I'm looking to have the a paint correction done on the car some time soon. There are A LOT of swirls and there is on going construction right across the street. So its never clean.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats on the car. I'm super jealous. In my area, that car would have easily ran for 10k + privately.

I wanted a Black one, but I couldn't pass up a good running LS1 for 4500. Even if it is " rebuilt ". ( long story ) Though I guess my green one is pretty unique.

Its getting painted black eventually anyway. Screw it.

Last edited by Kevin Lee 487; 09-05-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Tipnitty
I used the eagle 1 quick detail stuff. I'm looking to have the a paint correction done on the car some time soon. There are A LOT of swirls and there is on going construction right across the street. So its never clean.
And thats exactly why it has swirls.
You should not use detail spray on anything other than perfectly clean paint (really should only be used to get rid of water spots after a wash and dry). Again, if you want the car to be clean and not cause swirls, you have to hand wash it. That means car soap/shampoo, wash mit, foam gun, two bucket method, waffle weave drying towel or leaf blower to dry. No wipe downs (thats the worst, dust is extremely abrasive) even with the detail spay, thats not nearly enough to lube/catch the debris from scratching the paint.

check out:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...-detailer.html
Old 09-07-2013, 12:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kevin Lee 487
Congrats on the car. I'm super jealous. In my area, that car would have easily ran for 10k + privately.

I wanted a Black one, but I couldn't pass up a good running LS1 for 4500. Even if it is " rebuilt ". ( long story ) Though I guess my green one is pretty unique.

Its getting painted black eventually anyway. Screw it.
I would leave it green. I've never seen green in person. But thanks for the compliments!

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
And thats exactly why it has swirls.
You should not use detail spray on anything other than perfectly clean paint (really should only be used to get rid of water spots after a wash and dry). Again, if you want the car to be clean and not cause swirls, you have to hand wash it. That means car soap/shampoo, wash mit, foam gun, two bucket method, waffle weave drying towel or leaf blower to dry. No wipe downs (thats the worst, dust is extremely abrasive) even with the detail spay, thats not nearly enough to lube/catch the debris from scratching the paint.

check out:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...-detailer.html
I wash the car atleast once a week, but not having a garage and having had 2 car cover ruined. It sucks trying to keep it clean. Moving in december, so hopefully I will have a garage and car that stays semi clean after a paint correction. Thanks for letting me know though. Greatly appreciated.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Launching!

Default garage

yeah ! you need a garage ... like right now . that car is too nice to leave
outside .

Quick Reply: Finally in an F-body