Old 07-05-2013, 10:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice car!
Old 07-06-2013, 10:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 97ramsst
Please educate me on the heritage of the yellow paint? Seriously if there is some I would love to know about
The very first shade of yellow offered in a factory color on the 67 Firebird was called Montego Cream. A very subdued yellow which was followed in the next couple years by a more "Yellow" yellow with Mayfair Maize.
Throughout the generations most of the Yellows used for the Firebird have lighter or muted Yellow like "Sundance Yellow" on the 2nd Gens and "Jamaican Yellow" on the 3rd Gen. (There were many others)
The 4th saw its one and only Yellow with Sunfire/Collector Yellow in 93-94 and of course 02. So yes, there is heritage to the shade of Yellow used by Pontiac on their Birds.

It's a shame someone removed the original parade car Daytona decals from the Vert.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jotato
Thanks for all the discussion and pictures gents; this thread and the PMs have been more helpful than I expected. I decided to purchase the CETA based on much of the information in this thread. So far I'm loving it!

Congratulations on the purchase and WELCOME to the CE Family.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll help where I can. I've been documenting the CE since Ertl leaked the prototype pic in April of 2001.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:33 PM
Teching In

Congrats on the CETA!!

Obviously there are a lot of personal opinions about these two TA's, it's a love/hate feeling for them. Personally I love both of them. Both are unique in there own way. I have a CETA M6-Hurst, fairly low mileage (24k), stock and let me tell you that it is one bad *** ride!! Granted I was iffy about it when I saw pics of it but then when you see it up close, my first impression was "oh yeah I am so getting pulled over"!! Which I did the first day but anyway having the CETA for the past fee years and attending a ton of car shows, the CETA recieves it's fair share of compliments! There was an 99 anny that parked next to me once and while comparing the two, the CETA has that "attitude" look to it as while the 99 anny was "pretty". Again I was searching for the anny first but once I saw and drove the CETA, I knew I made the right choice!! Good luck
Old 07-10-2013, 05:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BANDITCAR
It's a shame someone removed the original parade car Daytona decals from the Vert.
Yeah I know, from what I understand they were removed by the dealership in Jacksonville that sold the car new to the first owner. As I am sure you know the parade lap cars were basically "borrowed" from area dealers and then returned (or delivered) to the dealer after the race with no sort of provenance or specialness at the time of sell. Some of the dealers actually removed the decals that were added for the race once the received the cars. That's supposedly what happened with that one...then the second owner added them back and since he couldn't get the correct ones he went with what was close. But it was a documented parade lap car.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^
Yep, that's the more important decal there!

The parade door decals are way easier to replicate as long as you have the correct dimensions of the white oval background. The 02 Daytona 500 logo is easily available. Any good decal shop could make a set. Hopefully one day the new owner will get the correct one.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Teching In

30th
Old 07-11-2013, 08:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

BTW welcome to the club...and in case you didn't get welcome your letter:

Old 07-12-2013, 07:46 AM
Teching In

Congrats on the CETA. I struggled with the same decision myself earlier this year and ended up with a 10k mile CETA. It makes a nice companion to my '89 Turbo Trans Am, though these 4th gens are really slow
Old 07-12-2013, 10:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats and welcome to the CETA-club. Nothing more fun than that first drive home. I drove mine 11 hours to get it back. Made me notice how boring the color palatte of new cars has become. 800 miles of nothing but grays, blacks, whites, muted reds, silver. Its a proud peacock among the armies of earth tones - enjoy it and wear it well.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:51 AM
Teching In

So far I'm quite enjoying the car (except the passenger headlamp motor is already crapping out on me, gah). A nice looking SOM popped up around here right after I bought the CETA and it sort of made me second guess myself, but I'm now quite confident that I'm happy with what I've got. Here are some more pictures we took of the Bird and my friend's Charger.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:12 AM
Launching!

I'm jelous that you can still have your running lights on without your headlights popping up if one of your motors is going bad. Read the sticky and get the metal gears, not really hard at all and completly worth it IMO.

Oh and grats on the TA
Old 07-15-2013, 09:25 AM
Teching In

depends on what you like...i like the collectors edition, but you cant go wrong with either of them

Quick Reply: 30th anniversary vs 2002 Collector's