Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

What exhaust do I have? [PICS]

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Super cheap mod here. Buy a cutout and put it before the rear axle. Mine cost me $30 and $20 to have it welded in. AND that will flow better than that 80 series.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:20 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I also bought my car with the only mod done by the previous owner being a Flowmaster 80 series. I added PaceSetters and a TSY ORY a couple of months ago but kept the rest due to budget constraints. It sounds great with LT's and ORY; however, I prefer the loud craziness of duals. Honestly, I'd do full bolt-ons and worry about swapping that catback out once you're moving on to internal mods where it'll make a significant difference. In the meantime, enjoy the sound from something that looks factory
Old 09-13-2013, 10:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Sladester2
Good idea dude^ dont listen to Rockinws6. Sounds like you have a good plan though!
Yeah don't listen to me AND don't check your differential fluid....but certainly change out the exhaust.

You'll bee walking in no time LMAO
Old 09-13-2013, 11:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was talking about you praising the 80 series. You haven't learned much in the few months you have been here LMAO
Old 09-13-2013, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by demonspeed
I also bought my car with the only mod done by the previous owner being a Flowmaster 80 series. I added PaceSetters and a TSY ORY a couple of months ago but kept the rest due to budget constraints. It sounds great with LT's and ORY; however, I prefer the loud craziness of duals. Honestly, I'd do full bolt-ons and worry about swapping that catback out once you're moving on to internal mods where it'll make a significant difference. In the meantime, enjoy the sound from something that looks factory
Yea if I could get the loudness of duals without the rasp, that would be perfect

Originally Posted by RockinWs6
Yeah don't listen to me AND don't check your differential fluid....but certainly change out the exhaust.

You'll bee walking in no time LMAO
Just changed my diff fluid yesterday, glad I did, it was nasty...
Old 09-16-2013, 06:13 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
Pick up a GMMG
If you can find one, they're pretty tough to come by since you can only get a used one, and most people that have them wouldn't ever take them off (I know I won't). If you ever see one used, you're likely to see a line of people waiting to buy it.

Madhammer made a version of it now that's pretty much the same as the GMMG, but I'm not sure if they are still making them.

Quick Reply: What exhaust do I have? [PICS]