Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Anyone want a new CETA 'vert?? Here it is

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 09:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 455 Likes on 330 Posts

Default Anyone want a new CETA 'vert?? Here it is

Amazing how these cars are just put away. It's never too late to get one. http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_de...=&startRow=193
Old 11-24-2013, 07:41 AM
TECH Junkie

NO SALE!! High bid was $23,000. Personally I'm a little surprised the top bid was so low. You still have to add on the 7% BP but even then $24,610 doesn't seem too high.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

frankly I find it criminal the car has only been driven 365 miles, but frankly the yellow is down right horrible color and whats with the "graphics" and calling it a collectors edition (anything actually labeled "collectors edition" is rarely ever of any real value vs. a standard one)?

but really these cars are barely 11 years out of production, it's gonna be atleast another decade before they get real "collector" status in my book if they even get it, I mean I love mine but would I ever consider a 4th gen a collector car, probably not.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:22 PM
TECH Junkie

You realize you just put down several LS1Tech members' cars (CETA owners) by calling the color horrible and putting down the graphics. Why would you feel it necessary to do that?? Think man, think! I wasn't asking for personal opinions on CETA cars. Just posting pricing info for those interested.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:19 PM
TECH Addict

I simply gave my opinion on why I think it didn't pull the kind of numbers the seller wanted, last I looked everyone is entitled to there own opinion and that was mine, if people want to "hate" on me for disliking the color and graphics of there car then so be it, I can't force my opinions on others just like they can't force me to see it there way.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by NC01TA
You realize you just put down several LS1Tech members' cars (CETA owners) by calling the color horrible and putting down the graphics. Why would you feel it necessary to do that?? Think man, think! I wasn't asking for personal opinions on CETA cars. Just posting pricing info for those interested.
I'm not a fan of the "collectors" edition paint scheme either. If some people like it, good for them. I shouldn't have to censor what I say just because someone on the internet might disagree with me.

The thread is called "Anyone want a new CETA 'vert??". Daniel simply answered your question and justified it
Old 11-24-2013, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Look, every time you post up these kinds of cars you always seem to get upset that people voice their opinion. This is a car forum. You don't want people to voice their opinion? Don't post. Anywho, as for the car in your original post, I love CE Trans Ams and would love to own one! That one definitely looked clean. I don't think that yellow "pops" very well in pictures, but in person it can look stunning!
Old 11-25-2013, 04:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TechCam97
Look, every time you post up these kinds of cars you always seem to get upset that people voice their opinion. This is a car forum. You don't want people to voice their opinion? Don't post. Anywho, as for the car in your original post, I love CE Trans Ams and would love to own one! That one definitely looked clean. I don't think that yellow "pops" very well in pictures, but in person it can look stunning!
I just expect a little more civility towards CETA owners without fellow LS1Tech members blasting their cars. Obviously I am expecting too much. That's unfortunate. Blast away at Fords or foreign cars all you want, but fellow LS1 owners?? I still feel that is wrong. As I said before, I wasn't asking what people thought of CETA cars, just pricing info. Some owners like that stuff, and that is who I was addressing, but maybe internet rules don't include the old saying, "If you don't have anything good to say, ...."
Old 11-25-2013, 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just expect a little more civility towards CETA owners without fellow LS1Tech members blasting their cars. Obviously I am expecting too much. That's unfortunate. Blast away at Fords or foreign cars all you want, but fellow LS1 owners?? I still feel that is wrong. As I said before, I wasn't asking what people thought of CETA cars, just pricing info. Some owners like that stuff, and that is who I was addressing, but maybe internet rules don't include the old saying, "If you don't have anything good to say, ...."
There is nothing wrong with not liking different kinds of F-Bodies. People can voice their opinion all they want, don't get so upset when they do.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally love the looks of CETA trans ams. Theres always one at a building on my way back home from work and i think it looks better in person. Even though i dont like convertibles, im surprised that car didnt sell at that price though. Pretty cheap for what it is.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:47 PM
TECH Addict

PLEASE stop putting words in my mouth, I WAS NOT blasting CETA OWNERS, I was simply stating my opinion of yellow cars (I don't like yellow on ANY car personally) as part of why it didn't go for what the seller wanted, my opinions where not directed to any specific members and I am not calling anyone with CETA cars stupid or anything like that for having a yellow car, people are allowed to have there own opinions of what they think looks good, it's just not for me.

how about you try to be CIVIL and understand the fact that if you post something on a forum you need to expect people to chime in with there opinions on it and you need to be OK with people not liking something without trying to make it out like they are trying to insult everyone who owns a car that looks that way.

For the record I also don't like convertible T/A's, Camaro somewhat work but the T/A shape just doesn't flow right without the hard top, but that again is just my opinion.

If this offends you so much, perhaps you should just get off the internet and stay locked away in your room forever so no one can ever disagree with you again.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:00 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
PLEASE stop putting words in my mouth, I WAS NOT blasting CETA OWNERS, I was simply stating my opinion of yellow cars (I don't like yellow on ANY car personally) as part of why it didn't go for what the seller wanted, my opinions where not directed to any specific members and I am not calling anyone with CETA cars stupid or anything like that for having a yellow car, people are allowed to have there own opinions of what they think looks good, it's just not for me.

how about you try to be CIVIL and understand the fact that if you post something on a forum you need to expect people to chime in with there opinions on it and you need to be OK with people not liking something without trying to make it out like they are trying to insult everyone who owns a car that looks that way.

For the record I also don't like convertible T/A's, Camaro somewhat work but the T/A shape just doesn't flow right without the hard top, but that again is just my opinion.

If this offends you so much, perhaps you should just get off the internet and stay locked away in your room forever so no one can ever disagree with you again.
Well from what i can tell Daniel you hate CETA owners and everything they stand for.... and America
Old 11-26-2013, 08:08 AM
Launching!

30 years from now this will be a collector..
Old 11-26-2013, 08:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BrainFreezE
Emphasis on 30 years.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BrainFreezE
...and I certainly agree.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:55 AM
TECH Junkie

I've been posting here for many years. Maybe TechCam97 is right about posting these types of pricing threads in the future. Not enough people can leave it alone for what it is, which is interesting auction and pricing information. I've always posted these over the years, way before many present owners even had a license. Unfortunately I am seeing a growing number of posters that are rude and basically unpleasant. This wasn't the case in the past. If the moderators are fine with it, no problem. It's their site. As I said earlier I just expect more from fellow owners. It is disappointing, and that's my opinion. No idea why people have the need to post in threads they have no interest in.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've been posting here for many years. Maybe TechCam97 is right about posting these types of pricing threads in the future.
Of course. I'm always right.

Not enough people can leave it alone for what it is, which is interesting auction and pricing information. I've always posted these over the years, way before many present owners even had a license. Unfortunately I am seeing a growing number of posters that are rude and basically unpleasant. This wasn't the case in the past.
I've owned and driven F-Bodies for well over a decade and I can tell you point blank that the kinds of special edition cars you typically post have ALWAYS been hit or miss with the F-Body crowd. One camp loves them, one camp doesn't.

If the moderators are fine with it, no problem. It's their site. As I said earlier I just expect more from fellow owners.
Expect what? To have their own opinion? Just because people disagree with your taste doesn't mean that they are wrong or that they shouldn't post.

It is disappointing, and that's my opinion. No idea why people have the need to post in threads they have no interest in.
Because it is a public forum. If you think only certain people will appreciate the car, just PM them and keep it private and you can all talk about how awesome of a car it is and not hear a bad word spoken. People have opinions, it's part of what makes us human. You like A, and I say "screw A, I like B." To be honest, it always seem like you instigate the fight by making it personal. No one is attacking the owner. No one says, "You purchased a vehicle that I don't like, so I hate you. You should be shot and left for dead and dogs should eat your spouse and offspring. I hope your dessicated corpse is raped by a pack of grizzly bears while your mother watches." But you fire right back with responses like they did. Most of the time people just say, "I think it's ugly." So what? How has that ruined your day? How has their opinion of a car that isn't yours affected you in any way? Just relax man. There are a couple different production F-Bodies from multiple generations that I think are downright ugly (and I have no remorse posting that opinion), but I can appreciate their history and when I see a clean model I can appreciate it for what it is. Most on the forum are the same way. When you tell people to not post in the thread because they don't think that model looks good it's just going to make them want to come back and be nasty. Then this happens:

Old 11-26-2013, 09:48 AM
Launching!

Of course. I'm always right.

I've owned and driven F-Bodies for well over a decade and I can tell you point blank that the kinds of special edition cars you typically post have ALWAYS been hit or miss with the F-Body crowd. One camp loves them, one camp doesn't.

Expect what? To have their own opinion? Just because people disagree with your taste doesn't mean that they are wrong or that they shouldn't post.

Because it is a public forum. If you think only certain people will appreciate the car, just PM them and keep it private and you can all talk about how awesome of a car it is and not hear a bad word spoken. People have opinions, it's part of what makes us human. You like A, and I say "screw A, I like B." To be honest, it always seem like you instigate the fight by making it personal. No one is attacking the owner. No one says, "You purchased a vehicle that I don't like, so I hate you. You should be shot and left for dead and dogs should eat your spouse and offspring. I hope your dessicated corpse is raped by a pack of grizzly bears while your mother watches." But you fire right back with responses like they did. Most of the time people just say, "I think it's ugly." So what? How has that ruined your day? How has their opinion of a car that isn't yours affected you in any way? Just relax man. There are a couple different production F-Bodies from multiple generations that I think are downright ugly (and I have no remorse posting that opinion), but I can appreciate their history and when I see a clean model I can appreciate it for what it is. Most on the forum are the same way. When you tell people to not post in the thread because they don't think that model looks good it's just going to make them want to come back and be nasty. Then this happens:

Old 11-26-2013, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

You purchased a vehicle that I don't like, so I hate you. You should be shot and left for dead and dogs should eat your spouse and offspring. I hope your dessicated corpse is raped by a pack of grizzly bears while your mother watches.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by M4N14C

Quick Reply: Anyone want a new CETA 'vert?? Here it is