Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Buying my first bird

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well thanks for all the advice, I ended up buying the car anyway. I totally get where you LS1 guys are coming from I know people who own TAs and been to the "track" with them, I know what a stock LS1 with a simple K&N air intake is capable of doing but at the moment I don't have the cash to get a V8 that looks and drives the way the 3k Firebird does and I don't want to wait until I do, so I'm keeping my V6 bird and I'll drive it until I feel I need that extra hp. Didn't meant to cause any arguments or anything just wanted a quick tip from people who really know this type of cars, THANKS. (Daniel Richards I'll be checking out fullthrottlev6, thanks)
Old 11-10-2013, 01:14 AM
Teching In

Good call keep the v6, enjoy it drive it, and upgrade later heck if you want a V8 setup just wait for the 16 year old with a WS6 or SS to smash one up and buy up the engine, tranny, wiring harness, crossmember, and steering column and start spinning wrenches. Who cares how many cylinders it has you like it, you paid for it, ENJOY IT.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

I hope you have good luck with it. Congrads on your 1st car.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SOCCERFANATIC
Well thanks for all the advice, I ended up buying the car anyway. I totally get where you LS1 guys are coming from I know people who own TAs and been to the "track" with them, I know what a stock LS1 with a simple K&N air intake is capable of doing but at the moment I don't have the cash to get a V8 that looks and drives the way the 3k Firebird does and I don't want to wait until I do, so I'm keeping my V6 bird and I'll drive it until I feel I need that extra hp. Didn't meant to cause any arguments or anything just wanted a quick tip from people who really know this type of cars, THANKS. (Daniel Richards I'll be checking out fullthrottlev6, thanks)
Id do an internet high five but im on mobile right now but congratulations on the f body! take care of her and she will take care of you
Old 11-10-2013, 07:50 PM

Default Good Luck

Get a black one and be like Batman
Old 11-10-2013, 09:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 01Firebird
Get a black one and be like Batman
great, now I've got this image of a bastardized T/A with fins like from this batmobile coming off the rear quarters stuck in my head.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Teching In

Nananananananananananan trans-am

Quick Reply: Buying my first bird