Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

my US Exotics review

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 90 Posts

I'm getting nervous. Roger seems to be avoiding people again.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Phil
Everyone complains about no pics on car, I post pics on car and no-one says anything lol
Any pics from the driver seat? I'd like to see how much the cowl comes up in the driver's view.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TA_Freak
I'm getting nervous. Roger seems to be avoiding people again.
Not sure as to what you mean but Roger is a extremely busy man as he builds each of these hoods as a one man show and sometime takes him days to weeks to respond. Not ideal for a business but seems he is Not lacking customers. Be patient

Last edited by Delfygo; 02-17-2014 at 09:50 AM.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's all good.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Delfygo
Not sure as to what you mean but Roger is a extremely busy man as he builds each of these hoods as a one man show and sometime takes him days to weeks to respond. Not ideal for a business but seems he is Not lacking customers. Be patient
Do you know him?

It's been 5 weeks since the end of the auction. It was supposed to have shipped out a week ago.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:59 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TA_Freak
Do you know him?

It's been 5 weeks since the end of the auction. It was supposed to have shipped out a week ago.
Lol @ 5 weeks. I waited over 2 months for mine. Give it time man your probably not the only order he has. When was the last time he responded to your emial/phone call? There were times where it go 2 weeks without hearing anything from him. Frustrating...yes, but it was worth it
Old 02-27-2014, 11:38 PM
On The Tree

This makes me happy that I got my superhawk hood off craigslist for 400 bucks. Hate waiting for stuff to show up. Great hood by the way. I need to get mine painted before I get some pics...
Old 02-28-2014, 12:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Old 02-28-2014, 12:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Rodgers communication with me was excellent. Couldn't have been happier with the hood and his customer service
Old 02-28-2014, 09:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bstuby
Lol @ 5 weeks. I waited over 2 months for mine. Give it time man your probably not the only order he has. When was the last time he responded to your emial/phone call? There were times where it go 2 weeks without hearing anything from him. Frustrating...yes, but it was worth it
He has been good to communicate.... and I have no problem being patient. I've had my stock hood for 10 years. It is only his good reputation and communication that keeps me from calling the deal off. Reason being, ebay description said 2-4 weeks.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bstuby
That was me also. I told him when I first made contact was I wanted it to be flawless so to take his time and do it right. According to my painter it was the nicest aftermarket hood he has ever done as far as prepping. Also he does them in two parts all hand laid. He builds the bottom and then the top. One more thing seems from here he has been getting a lot of orders lately as well he builds some kind of bad *** viper hood. It will be well worth the wait. It will need to bake in the sun for days before paint is applied anyhow to cure. Happiness come to the patient..
Old 03-05-2014, 02:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lol it took 4 months for him to build my hood, so don't worry man, he has a huge shipment of jeep products going out and another customers hood got ruined by shipping so he had to rush to build him another one.. he's working on another custom piece for me right now as well so with juggling all these things at once don't be surprised if he can't reply back right away... he's an honest and incredibly hard working one man show... trust me he will take care of you man
Old 03-06-2014, 09:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

I told him to take his time and not feel rushed. He's been very good to communicate with.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Here's a text I just got from Roger about 10 minutes ago, and as you can see he's been very busy so everyone just calm down and be patient lol

"Hey Philip! Sorry buddy, I didn't notice your earlier text. I still hadn't haven't gotten to lay up the carbon in that filler panel mold. Still really busy here, but its much better since yeaterday when I finished and delived a bunch of Jeep parts. From Sunday to yesterday, I ended up getting a total of just 11.5 hours of sleep, lol... so yeah, it's been a pretty busy week in here. I should he able to make some extra time to get it done over the next few days. Sorry for the wait on this buddy."
Old 03-08-2014, 02:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Here's a text I just got from Roger about 10 minutes ago, and as you can see he's been very busy so everyone just calm down and be patient lol

"Hey Philip! Sorry buddy, I didn't notice your earlier text. I still hadn't haven't gotten to lay up the carbon in that filler panel mold. Still really busy here, but its much better since yeaterday when I finished and delived a bunch of Jeep parts. From Sunday to yesterday, I ended up getting a total of just 11.5 hours of sleep, lol... so yeah, it's been a pretty busy week in here. I should he able to make some extra time to get it done over the next few days. Sorry for the wait on this buddy."
Old 03-15-2014, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

The hood shipped!! Here's what Roger had to say:
He's rock solid.

Hello again Jamie... your WS9 hood has FINALLY been shipped. I'm so sorry again for this mess with the shipping. It's not much of a consultation, but Conway is taking $10 off each customer's total charges to try to help make up for their scheduling problems at my local terminal. Your tracking number is ******* and you can follow the shipment at www.con-way.com. Please be sure to inspect the package carefully before signing for it when it's delivered. If there would happen to be any damage, you should either sign for it as damaged if it is chipped/gouged/etc or refuse the shipment altogether if there are any actual breaks and contact me immediately so I can prepare a replacement. You'll want to have a blank check waiting for the delivery and fill it out when the driver tells you the total. Once you have the hood, I recommend that you install it and run it on the car for at least a few days... or you can bolt it on, and let the car idle for 60 minutes or more. Basically this is just a precaution to make sure that all of the adhesive and resin is completely cured and won't ripple or dull after it's been painted. A third option is to have the body shop bake the hood at some point before the paint is applied. Also, if you happen to take any pictures of your car once the hood is finished and installed, I'd love to see them. I could definitely use some new pics for advertising. One last thing... if you happen to have a Trans Am, or a Trans Am hatch, I might have a way to help make up this delay to you. I've been playing with a new wing design for over a year now through some trial and error. I've basically built it up and torn it apart 3 times already because I wasn't getting the lines I'm picturing in my head. But I'm hoping to have some time soon again to get back on that project... so if that's something you'd be interested in, keep in touch with me. I'd be happy to build one for you to help offset any frustration I may have caused with the delayed hood shipment. I can get some pics to you once I get the general form set up here, so you can see if it would be something you'd want. Anyhow... If you have any questions about the installation or anything else, please feel free to email or text me anytime. Thanks a lot for your business and your patience Jamie, I really do appreciate it. Talk to ya soon buddy.

--
Roger Robinson - U.S. Exotics LTD
Old 03-15-2014, 02:42 PM
On The Tree

You know, I REALLY want the WSQ hood... I think it's by far the best looking... the superhawk just isn't quite aggressive enough for me...

But every time I see this post and hearing all the awesome things everyone has to say about Roger I start getting conflicted lol...

Anyone know if he does custom designed orders? Because I at least want the same snorkel design as the Q but the rest of it could be just like the Superhawk.
Old 03-15-2014, 06:01 PM
On The Tree

Default Rogers Email

could someone pm me rogers email address please?
Old 03-21-2014, 10:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

The hood came in a couple of days ago. I've been so busy I haven't even cut it open to look at. I might be able to install it this weekend. I'll get some pics up as well. Roger has been wonderful to deal with.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:39 PM

Default WS9 Outlaw Photos from Inside?

Do any of you have photos taken from the drivers seat or any view of the hood from inside? I'd like to see the view from the 4" cowl.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: my US Exotics review