Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Replaced window motor, now more problems.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 07:05 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 349 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by TomXTC
BTW I got an email back from Autotrix. They said the drivers side wiring had no inherent issues. Interesting.
The motor is the same and the wires are the same = the inherent issues are the same. The wires are much longer (and the voltage drop just a little bit greater) on the passenger side because the circuitry all runs through the driver's door. Back to the point of the Autotrix kits make bad motors look better: their kit will have a greater effect on the passenger door and a lesser effect on the driver's door.

Originally Posted by TomXTC
I have major issues with the front blinker/running lights. Water gets in there very easily and has corroded the sockets so I am surprised they work at all. I need to get new sockets and remove and seal those. I am constantly replacing bulbs, especially if I run it through a car wash. Another issue for another time but a common one.
You don't need to seal the sockets. Again, they didn't come that way from the factory and didn't need that kind of treatment then. This is probably your problem:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...-up-water.html

Quick Reply: Replaced window motor, now more problems.