Trans Am variants?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Launching!

Location: From Massapequa, New York / Now in Southern California
Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by fastertransam
Hey there,

My 2001 Ram Air Trans Am w/WS6 pkg. was in an accident. Not much to it, but the air bags deployed and the insurance company [Assurance America] wants to call the car a "total loss". They are trying to say the car was only worth around $8,000.00. So that is what they want to pay, and they want to keep the car [which they will obviously "parts out" and pocket the money].

They base their low-ball offer on what they call "comparables" located by some wh*re of an appraiser they paid. However, none of the cars the appraiser uses as "comparable" are described as "WS6 cars" or "Ram Air" cars. My car has every possible option and was meticulously maintained, which does not appear to be the case with the "comparables" they are using.

Its my understanding that Pontiac offered the car with a V-8 engine both with and without the Ram Air option, and both with and without the "WS6 Performance Package. Just want to check here to verify that is correct.

I see the WS6 cars sold for $20,000.00 or so all the time on Ebay, so the $8,000.00 that Assurance is "offering" seems like B.S. to me.

The car drives and runs fine. It is not "totalled", and I am obvioulsy not going to give them my car for $8,000.00.

Any info about what configurations of the car were offered with the 5.7 liter engine would help me show that the "comparable" cars they are citing are not the same as my car just because they have 5.7 liter engines.

Thanks in advance.
2001 Firebird Production Number Breakdown
http://transamworld.com/2001-breakdown.htm

Old 07-02-2014, 10:11 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by TechCam97
...you're talking to people who have owned these cars and have dealt with the F-Body platform for many years, some for decades...
Thanks Matt for your input and sharing your professional knowledge.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000 WS6 Formula
2001 Firebird Production Number Breakdown
http://transamworld.com/2001-breakdown.htm

thanks for sharing that. off topic but i alway thought my m6 som was special. lol now i know.

Quick Reply: Trans Am variants?