Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

02 WS6 Transmission Help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 07:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 WS6 Transmission Help!

So I drained the transmission pan and changed the transmission filter and ensured the seal was in place in the tranny where the filter goes in. I read it takes about 5 to 6 quarts to refill.......well that isn't the case here!

After about 2 quarts of filling through the trans dip stick, oil came out. I thought maybe it takes time for the oil to make its way to the pan so I left and returned about 30 minutes later. Came back and added another quart of oil. Started the car for about 5 minutes and quickly cycled through the all the gears since it was on stands.

Shut the car off and when I pulled the transmission dip stick oil shot out! Never had this happen before so I'm at a loss for the day. What would cause this?? I will continue with this in the morning.

Any help welcome!
Old 02-11-2016, 07:07 PM
Teching In

I figured out the problem, thanks for the help anyways.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by luilui
I figured out the problem, thanks for the help anyways.
You should enlighten everyone who came and read your post but didn't know how to help as to what the problem was...
Old 02-11-2016, 08:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jaxem
You should enlighten everyone who came and read your post but didn't know how to help as to what the problem was...
You have a point, found that the transmission plastic vent tube aft of the transmission was plugged. Dug my hand on top of the transmission, disconnected, blew it out and reinstalled. No more oil blowing out of the dipstick! Filled the tranny fluid back up and runs like a champ.

Quick Reply: 02 WS6 Transmission Help!