Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

New owner And crazy door lock question

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 10:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner And crazy door lock question

Hey guys, I'm relatively new to owning an LS vehicle. I recently purchased a 99 T/a with an aftermarket alarm system in it. The reason I am writing this post is because the door locks are repeatedly locking and unlocking themselves while I drive. Usually only when somebody's in the passenger seat. However if someone or something was in the passenger seat and removed, the door locks will continue to lock and unlock. Only recently has it started happening almost everytime I drive the car. At first it only happened when someone was in the passenger seat, when I was driving alone it would never happen. However now it sometimes does happen when I'm alone. And when and episode like that does happen the doors will not lock again wth the remote or from the button on either door. I read a lot about bad locks on these cars however no other post has a problem similar to the one I'm describing. Some help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could be the wiring or connectors between the dlm and the window motor. It could also be the ccm or its harness. or check the wiring or connector in the boot between the door and pillar.

Quick Reply: New owner And crazy door lock question