Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

98 trans am no crank no start

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 05:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 trans am no crank no start

Just picked up my 98 trans am LS1 A4 about a month ago put around 100 miles on it since buying the car, last night drove 3 miles from home after about an hour sitting in the garage after work. Went to go start the car and nothing, fuel pump primed security light proved out and did not stay on or flash. Messed with the shifter and the car fired up. I'm not sure if that's linked or not but it got me going. I went to a local car hangout about 5 miles from home for about 2 and a half hours. Went to go leave and car fired up so o was thinking it was just a fluke. Stopped by my parents house a couple miles up the road and bam no crank no start again. I messed with the ahifter and it did not allow the car to start that's why I was thinking it may not be linked. Frustrated I got a ride home and used my daily driver to get me to work, after work I went back and the car started right up. Drove it around for a bit and it still starts. I was wondering if I could get some insight, I swapped relays when it wouldn't start and it didn't make a difference, checked fuses and they were good.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you checked out the ignition switch. Had similar issues check out my post below for details.

Quick Reply: 98 trans am no crank no start