Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Power seat height adjustment issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 06:18 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Power seat height adjustment issue

Yesterday I noticed that when I tried to lower the rear of the seat (height adjustment), it wouldn’t do anything. The seat would raise up though. When I got home, I lifted the seat all the way up. It is now stuck. The weird thing I noticed is that the front of the seat will not go up, and the rear won’t go down. But when you try the opposite directions on both, you can see the motors working. I pulled the seat out and am looking to see if anyone knows what I should look for next.
Old 04-26-2018, 06:11 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

You can put 12V to the motor and make sure it works. If so, then you likely have a switch problem. Here's a recent thread with another member about to take theirs apart for a rebuild: https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...l#post19884527
Old 04-26-2018, 06:32 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well it was the switch. I took it to work, opened it up and found the rockers to have some corrosion on them. I cleaned them up and put it back together. Put the seat back together and plugged it in and wa la. The only issue left is the front height adjustment. That one doesn’t concern me as much as it is stuck at its lowest height, but would love to figure it out.
Old 05-06-2018, 07:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Just fixed mine as well. Seat was stuck all the way up, which was not a big deal until I lowered the car. Now the ride is stiffer and my head made contact with the headliner on a couple of occasions All better now.