Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

No map lights or horn

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 07:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No map lights or horn

97 trans am convertiable
I’ve checked fuses and bulbs.they are all good.what do I need to check next?
Old 10-15-2018, 09:39 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

The horns are on their own circuit with a 20A mini fuse in the junction box under the hood. Did you test that fuse? Don't ever rely on a visual inspection of a fuse (especially an old one) - they can look fine but still be blown. Always use a tester or replace with a known good fuse.

Do your rear seat courtesy lamps and trunk light work? They are on the same circuit as the map lights so if they work then you can eliminate fuses or the BCM as the source of the problem. If so, you should check for power on the dark blue/white wire at the rear view mirror. If no power then you have a wiring break between the BCM and the mirror. If there is power then your mirror may have to be replaced.
Old 10-17-2018, 06:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I fixed the mirror.the connection was dirty.next I have no horn no rear inside lights.i tested for power and nothing in the rear.no horn as well.all fuses were tested and power was going threw them.and last when I lock my doors no lights light up.the horn beeps but that’s it.is that normal?
Old 10-18-2018, 07:07 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

So, obviously the horns work since you hear them when you lock the doors. That would indicate that your horn problem is in the steering wheel horn switches or the wiring in the steering column.